1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

PSB M4U1 - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by swmtnbiker, Nov 13, 2012.
Tags:
First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. DynamikeB
    Thinksound On1 deliver some serious and precise punch + details for a set of on ears.  And the comfort and the nice built is a must.  

2. Raymond Zhang
    I just found signs of cracking on my pair... RIP. Time to go fill out that 2-year warranty. It was apparently fixed in most of the later iterations, so maybe I got an earlier one?

3. Bansaku

Possibly, or just chance. Always a gamble when products are Made in China. Reseller's storage conditions also play a big role in a product's longevity.

[​IMG]

4. DynamikeB
    What do you suggest as potential replacement cable?  And is there an improvement on sound?
    Thanks

5. Bansaku

Anything OCC with a connector that will fit. Faster, warmer sound with added transparency.

[​IMG]

6. DynamikeB
    Good, thank you.  And live suggestions somewhere?  Link?  Thanks

7. Bansaku
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Replacement-Audio-Upgrade-5N-OCC-Cable-Wire-B-O-Beoplay-H6-H8-Headphones-/261865401784?var=&hash=item828cef5b4b

I have ordered several OCC cables from Wang Yifei 2009 (i.e. for my Q701 and HD598) as well as ear-pads and have been very happy with not only the quality but fast shipping.

[​IMG]

8. DynamikeB
    And this one will fit with the PSB M4U1?  

Awesome, thanks!

9. Bansaku

Looking at my custom cable the earphone end is thinner than mine, so I see no reason why it shouldn't.

[​IMG]

10. DynamikeB
    I will look into this, thanks again!

11. Niteblooded
    I don't like them. Music sounds flat on highs, lows and mids. I tried them because of the over glowing review on Wirecutter which a friend recommended. I regret the purchase.

12. pbeg7

I did too - sold mine. They do have those liquid mids going for them, but overall I did not like the headphone. It was interesting though..Would like them to release a second.

13. DynamikeB
    Thanks Bansaku.  Indeed, it worked.  The replacement cable has a nice quality and it provides a very interesting, warmer sound, I would say.  I like them even better now.  Very balanced, touch warmed, nice definition.  And very comfy...

Bansaku likes this.
  14. JWolf

It would sound even better if the cable was a Y cable.

15. cyan2k
    Hi there,

anyone here who could do a fair comparison between those cans?

PSB M4U1 vs Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 vs Focal Listen vs NAD HP50?

After reading reviews between those I'm really undecided which one to buy.

Thanks!

First

Back
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last