PSA: New Counterfeit Headphones (ones we care about)!
Mar 27, 2014 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

viralcow

Headphoneus Supremus
So there were rumors floating around of fake Edition 8's since last November (in the ED8 thread) but no one really took notice. But as it turns out, a lot of other flagship replicas are showing up on chinese sites, namely alibaba and aliexpress. The list mainly includes Beyerdynamic, Grado, and Ultrasone, but also Fostex (TH900) and a bunch of high-end in-ears. And if they're as good as making these as they are with fake Beats, then it would be very hard to tell from pictures alone.

Example: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fostex-th900-s-top-hifi-earphones-headset-cherry-flagship/1727538411.html 

Of course, once you have them in hand it would be very easy to tell from the real ones (horrible sound, plastic wood, etc) but at the same time, a lot of people completely dismiss the possibility of counterfeits when dealing with flagships so they might be caught off guard.

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Very interesting. I've noticed quite a few of those listings, but I don't think I've seen any head-fiers purchase these to verify. Of course I'm very skeptical of the price, but also I don't think we've seen any higher end headphones that have been counterfeit. Also, I know a lot of these headphones don't cost a whole lot to make, even less than what these guys are charging, so they could be legitimate ones stolen/backdoored out the factory. Happens in other industries as well. Interested to see this unfold, thx for the tag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back