PS1000 Impressions Thread
May 22, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #887 of 3,605
  Wow, I know it's late/early, but I'm very confused...somehow MH ended up with the PS1ks?? 

Yeah......Jay moves fast  

May 22, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #888 of 3,605
  Wow, I know it's late/early, but I'm very confused...somehow MH ended up with the PS1ks?? 

yeah it's gone, but mostly for economic reasons, i wasn't going to keep the ps1k, and the lcd x, and i'd rather have the lcd x,
i get a pretty good slice of the ps1k's sound in the gs1k

May 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #889 of 3,605
So I got the Turbulent Labs Onyx Black Manta leather headband for my PS1000. Takes 3 weeks to get. Very comfortable and a big improvement to the stock band. It does not change the overall feel of the phones, just adds more cushioning. Recommended for long listening sessions.

May 22, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #890 of 3,605

yeah it's gone, but mostly for economic reasons, i wasn't going to keep the ps1k, and the lcd x, and i'd rather have the lcd x,

Okay, so the PS1ks didn't blow away the GS1ks or anything of the sort? 

May 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #892 of 3,605
  Okay, so the PS1ks didn't blow away the GS1ks or anything of the sort? 

oh it was better, it sounded great, i just didn't want to have two "flagships" and i do like the lcd x more than the ps1k

May 22, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #893 of 3,605
oh it was better, it sounded great, i just didn't want to have two "flagships" and i do like the lcd x more than the ps1k

They'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands before anybody can have my PS1000 :p

Then again, if i found a more comfortable and better sounding headphone, then there might be a chance.

The LCD2 and AKG K1000 are possible replacements, but i'd have to hear them first...

May 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #894 of 3,605
They'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands before anybody can have my PS1000 :p

Then again, if i found a more comfortable and better sounding headphone, then there might be a chance.

The LCD2 and AKG K1000 are possible replacements, but i'd have to hear them first...

well, thats kinda what i did, i was hearing it, and at some point, i may choose to sell the lcd x, i just know, its  not happening today, or anytime in the immediate future

May 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #895 of 3,605
So what I think you are saying is that on an absolute basis the PS1k is better than the GS1k, all other things being equal. The PS 'looks' uncomfortable with those 2 big metal cups hanging off the headband, is it less comfortable than the GS and if so how much?

May 22, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #896 of 3,605
  So what I think you are saying is that on an absolute basis the PS1k is better than the GS1k, all other things being equal. The PS 'looks' uncomfortable with those 2 big metal cups hanging off the headband, is it less comfortable than the GS and if so how much?

Well the GS is definitely a hell of a lot lighter than the PS, but I don't find it uncomfortable in any way.
And as far as the cups sliding down the rod blocks, which a lot of people complain about, I use 1/8" shaft collars on the top of the rod and they never move.

May 22, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #897 of 3,605

Don't blame you...I'd take the LCD-X too over the PS1000s as well. But after hearing them for several hours in my home and on my rig, the PS1000s did impress me. So I'll give 'em a go (and a good home).

May 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #898 of 3,605

Well its definitely a hell of a lot lighter than the GS, but I don't find it uncomfortable in any way.
And as far as the cups sliding down the rod blocks, which a lot of people complain about, I use 1/8" shaft collars on the top of the rod and they never move.

Ehh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back