Proud owner of Klipsch S4 but I think it's time to upgrade. Recommendations?
May 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dlpowered89

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I have been using Klipsch S4 for a while and I have been extremely happy with it. However, I have noticed that these buds produce a shock from time to time and it annoys the crap out of me. I looked it up and it looks like brand new buds get these "shock" as well.

What kind of in ears should I look at if I want to find a headphone in the same price range? I am totally happy with the AQ by the way but i don't mind spending little extra for better sound.

Thank you,

May 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 6
The Etymotic hf5 or mc5 are great IEM, but with very different sound you might not like them. They sound flat, with not much bass impact.

The Monster Turbine would be another good choice, most people like the fun bassy sound of the Turbines.

May 26, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 6
The new Atrio X is another very good option in the <80 dollar price range.  I think I'm the only person on these boards that owns a pair since they are fairly new.  LOL.

To me, they sound significantly better than the S4...and they are a lot more comfortable.

May 26, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for your input guys.

I, for one, enjoy fair amount of bass since I listen to hip-hop most of the time. However, this does not mean other aspects of sound quality can be muddy. For me, Klipsch definitely surpasses my minimum requirement as a main IEM but I just can't handle the intermittent erratic shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back