Protector Questions....
Feb 23, 2010 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
Since there have been many questions regarding what Whiplash will be offering, here is some info.

If you have any further questions, please post them here!!

Re-termination services starting at $60 which includes shipping to CONUS. Minimal international fees for shipping overseas.

Address:
Whiplash Audio
69 Chadwick Manor
Fairport, NY 14450
USA

Replacement cables for JH Audio, Ultimate Ears, Westone and others..
Ordering info:
Elite TWag Protector Balanced Replacement Cable 48" - Headphone & Portable Cables - Cables

RSA Balanced male to XLR female
Protector Balanced to Female XLR - Headphone & Portable Cables - Cables

I'm making....
TWag Wire
Balanced Female or Male to 3.5mm Viablue - $120
Balanced Female or Male to 6.3mm Viablue - $150

RSA balanced male to female 3.5mm - $120
RSA " " " 6.3mm - $150

SCSCag Solid Core Wire
Just minus $20 from the above price.

RSA Protector Cable SALE!!!

TWcu RSA female to 3.5mm Viablue: $85
OR RSA male to 3.5mm female
TWcu RSA male to 6.3mm female: $90
OR TWcu RSA female to 6.3mm Viablue male: $95

Sample:
4410924127_a4bcfd6c3d_m.jpg

Sapphire Pro 4 conductor TWcu UP-OCC high performance stranded copper
1m RCA custom carbon to Viablue straight: $199
1m RCA custom carbon to Viablue with flexible ended Viablue: $ 199
This is my newly featured wire that wil be used for instrument cables. The sound is SPECTACULAR. Profressionals agree; this is a new sound to guitar cables, XLRs, RCAs, etc. This is designed for the Protector as well. The sound and performance is now a new reference for stage IC and home IC cables. This was custom design for Whiplash Audio by CryoParts. Also this is using the new cryofreeze process. For more details, please log onto www.cryoparts.com

Samples:
4410933525_02da25d734_m.jpg

4410937023_eafcbfa5fd_m.jpg

4411703340_3cd2aff38a_m.jpg

And whatever else you can come up with.

Email me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

My PayPal address is the same above. In the comments field, indicate the mentioned adaptor cable from above.

Cheaper options are available.

Questions....??

Craig

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by travisg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig your the man

Based on your TWag addiction (and many others are and will be)

YOU ARE THE MAN!!
ph34r.gif
<---- coolest smilie.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 31
My TWag has 147 hours on it now - halfway there. As soon as burn-in is done, I'll send it in for retermination to balanced. If it's true that there is minimal loss in s/q using the female-to-3.5, I'll order that as well. But, will you send the cables using USPS GXB? I'm just soo tired of waiting for everything. I want my ice-cream now.
redface.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 31
Craig: I have your Twag jh13 replacement cable with mini plug connector. My question to you is whether this is the same cable as the TWAG jh13 balance protector cable? Do the two cables have the same number of conductors? Or are they exactly the same cable with the exception of the balance connector. If I send my Twag cable in for retermination, it will just be reterminated with the male balance protector connector? Thanks.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
finally! craig take your time with my order,but please please reply to my last email!=)

Yep...finishing a new prototype..

Craig

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Craig: I have your Twag jh13 replacement cable with mini plug connector. My question to you is whether this is the same cable as the TWAG jh13 balance protector cable? Do the two cables have the same number of conductors? Or are they exactly the same cable with the exception of the balance connector. If I send my Twag cable in for retermination, it will just be reterminated with the male balance protector connector? Thanks.

The replacement cable is 4 conductor which allows me to terminate your existing cable with the balance connector!!

So yes I would just use RSA's male balance connector!

Craig

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The replacement cable is 4 conductor which allows me to terminate your existing cable with the balance connector!!

So yes I would just use RSA's male balance connector!

Craig

Thanks Craig, that will save another 200 hours of burn in time on a new Twag cable. The next question will then be: will you be able to terminate this replacement cable in a male protector balance connector and then add a female protector balance connector to the existing mini plug? Thanks.

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #10 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep...finishing a new prototype..

Craig

no problem Craig,i'm waiting eagerly! if not i'll drop you a reminder again,knowing how busy you are...

last time 10 minutes became 8 hours for my email to be replied=p.i'm really hoping to get confirmation real soon though...

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #11 of 31
Can the ScScAg be re-terminated into the balance mode that can be used with the Protector?

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can the ScScAg be re-terminated into the balance mode that can be used with the Protector?

Yes, but it depends on which headphones you are using and if your SCSCag cable has 4 conductors and not 3. Any headphone can be made to work with balanced amps, but some require modifications to the ear cups. For example, since the AKG K702 only has 3 wires connecting to the Mini-XLR connector on the phones, you would have to bore out an entry on the other ear cup. But if your SCSCag cable is for IEMs, then it can be reterminated easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back