pros and cons: bought and not bought music
Nov 12, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 54
Because I'm just a poor student I have to download it. there's no way how I could've gotten this music collection with cash.

(450+gb 80 000+ songs)

I'd rather spend my cash on nice headphones (just got my klipsch 2 custom
biggrin.gif
).

*edit

I DO pay for music, but that's just for my usenet account
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 54
I'd rather buy. Still, sometimes I tend to download some things that I don't know in order to get an idea. If I like them I buy. If not I just delete them. I do not use the computer as a source anyway.

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 54
when i random-buy then i tend to loose some objectivity(con) but also listen to a record much more carefully(pro)... several times - to justify the purchase.

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 54
I would rather not spend the time trying to search for free high quality music when you can get insured high quality music that will also lend a hand to the artists that are creating such pieces of art.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 54
I prefer to get it for free.
But most of the time that is not possible, since few artist give away their music for free, so I mostly end up buying CD's.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 54
I tend to buy CDs or on rare occasions LPs if I can find them for a reasonable price. If I can't find something that I want and it is available used for $40, 60, 100+ for a stupid CD, I refuse to buy it. I will most likely download it or find a friend that will make me a copy. I blame record companies for not reissuing a lot of good records and OOP CDs and thus creating a collectors market for something that would not be a collectors item if it was reissued.

Yeah, I know I have my own crazy logic. Also if I buy it on CD I feel that I have every right to make a backup copy and rip it for my personal use, so all that stupid protection is just a bunch of BS.
angry_face.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #11 of 54
I buy all my music and I don't have any illegal songs.

I also like the ability to backup my CDs to lossless and convert them to any type of lossy file I want for portable use. Currently using Lame V0.

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a poor student as well. I understand that we all do not have much money to buy. But I'd still buy CDs as a sign of respect to the artist who made the music.

big ups. i'm what's called in the uk, "working class". i value good music. artists gotta pay the bills same as me. i find that download availabilities are too random / sporadic / faceless. i'd rather spend money on something to cheer myself up so it's usually good stuff. it's not a race or competition to see who can own the most music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back