Proposal: What cide believes and thinks we all need.
Mar 30, 2006 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cide

New Head-Fier
As I sit here listening to my new ATH-W1000's playing bit-perfectly threw a X-fi fatal1ty new version with elite pro DAC's, I can't help but say Burzum - Filosofem - 02 - Jesus' Tod in Lossless FLAC CDImage Format /w Cue sheet sounds beyond amazing! [Foobar2000, No DSP's, 32bit ASIO Output, 44.1khz, No dithering, No form of EQ, Mathematically perfect]

Oh my god this is energizing me so much rite now.

As I now thank for the great mystery for this moment I must say,
We need to get some sort of electronic made that attaches to your source (EG: Headphone amplifier) and preexists before the signal reaches the cans of preference.

This will tell you an approximate guess of the level of sound you are listening to in decibels, And inflict an automatic timer of how safe that level of sound is to listen to before taking a rest - If you avoid to take the rest this unit goes from a glowing blue led glow to red, which means you risk permanent hair cell damage and loss beyond recovery, leading to advanced ear issues, including but not limited to tinnitus, depression, suicide, binatural or biaural hearing, one-sided sound stages, balance issues, and other scary things (I am not joking, either.)

This can be configured so it automatically lowers your listening level to something safe and good to go for the level of sound you have already been exposed to.

Anyone with half a brain or half-of-their-hearing lost already, Understands the importance of this. Since we do not have any present form of hearing regenerative technologies researched within our medical community as of yet, prevention and pre-knowledge is of utmost importance for our young musical generation of braincase’s if we wish to save "these angels" You get what I am saying. So, lets do something about it... Too bad I am only an adept at programming and soldering at this time in my life.

How many times you shake your head saying you wish you hadn’t reacted angrily to someone you looked down upon, furthering their anger and causing them to invoke unnecessary physical reactions that resulted in hearing damage? Yes, unfortunatly it can be just THAT easy.
Just as listening to cans at some of the volumes I have, and 99.9% sure that you have or presently do, without knowing it, can, and in some cases maybe even will guarantee to give you a serious case of tinnitus 2 years down the road. Yikes, ouch! Reality check, we are not immortal. Not yet.

I am 19 now and I have been made aware of these things, having bat hearing since I was young and not having it anymore is depressing in itself.

I have listened to closed cans (older koss and sony ones, yet still very good 70-$220 pairs) at disturbingly loud as well as equalized volume overly when I was 14-17 playing everquest... So I’m sure the punch isn’t what did it at all compared to getting drunk and blaring death's sound of perseverance in what I now consider to be HORRIBLE 128k mp3 format, at volume levels I don’t even wish to imagine let alone guess (115db~)

Anyway,

I have covered everything and I have invoked a lot of thought in the best and most expansive minds here.

Want to make a spot for head-fi in human history?
World records,
World knowledge,
maybe even some respect... Though we all know we don't have any egos, as we are the more "humble" and "angelic" type.

smily_headphones1.gif

A ‘right then, let’s do it, aye?
Though I am Canadian, born and raised on the island somewhere in B.C., they have a saying in Sweden that has made many people realize that “Prevention really is the best medicine… for right now, but this could all soon change like the things in your life have the tendency to suddenly ‘shift’ and do.”

Sincerly,
Nigel McLeod
Well known around the internet, in various communities, and on DC++, as "cide"

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 5
Due to differing sensitivity/impedence of 'phones, you won't be able to get a one-size-fits all formula to pull this off
*Although* you could have preset formulas for different phones. That would work
biggrin.gif

The human body has the ability to self heal. Eat right, exercise, don't do drugs and you'll be fine.

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Perhaps you could calculate it if you measured the voltage after the amp, then fed in info about the can's sensitivity and impedance... would be quite a contrived affair though.

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 5
I am all about figuring out the answer to intricate complex situations and problems
wink.gif
Everything is possible with the right "math".

If we can make this thing, get it all figured out and somehow produce it, I will see to it that funds go back into the community here at head-fi.com.

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
Due to differing sensitivity/impedence of 'phones, you won't be able to get a one-size-fits all formula to pull this off
*Although* you could have preset formulas for different phones. That would work
biggrin.gif

The human body has the ability to self heal. Eat right, exercise, don't do drugs and you'll be fine.

What kinda drugs, and does cycling and excess physically exhausting sex count?
I've experianced my fair share of drugs, I don't smoke ciggerettes or drink alcohol/coffee really, but I do smoke a buttload of pot, and I have experianced from time to time many stimulents which I hear, in particular,t he harsher and street-quality ones can cause serious damage to the inner ears.

Of course, I reccomend none of that, but in my case, I hope I can self heal from my young mistakes :0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back