1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Project Ember Review

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by razrr1275, Aug 7, 2013.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. HOWIE13
    @SuperU

'To get a better sound, I would next go to a different DAC, though not sure which one. To get better sound out of my amp, I'm sure would thousands of dollars and even then I'm not sure it would be much better.'

You could also consider tube rolling. Ember loves trying different tubes. [​IMG] 

Solrighal likes this.
  2. skyline315

I don't think there's better value than the Bifrost 4490, which you already have.  Be content and enjoy the tunes.

3. SuperU
    I've tried a couple but love the 6n6p. I tried to start at the top and not mess around. It performs fantastic. So no point in throwing money away for nothing.

I agree. What I have now is amazing. Still loving it.

4. HOWIE13
    @SuperU

6n6p is one of the best, tubey warm sounding single tubes I've heard.

I think it may have been the stock tube Jeremy sent with my Ember. It's so long ago I can't be sure now.

A very good choice.

5. skyline315
    Yep.

I tossed all my other tubes into a drawer and haven't touched them since.

6. SuperU
    Since my system is connected to my computer, it is on from about 7 AM till about 9 PM. I'm about to order a couple more from Jeremy in case this one stops working. I don't know how long to expect this to work with it being on that long everyday.

7. SuperU
    Since my system is connected to my computer, it is on from about 7 AM till about 9 PM. I'm about to order a couple more from Jeremy in case this one stops working. I don't know how long to expect this to work with it being on that long everyday.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might get from it time wise.

8. amigastar
    yeah, i ask myself the same. I don't have my Ember on the whole day but after work for many hours and weekends even longer. I'm sure i have about 750 hours in since i got my ember with 6n6p tube (can't say how long exactly). I hope the tube will live for a little bit longer, lol.

9. DavidA
    I think the Ember will last a long time, mine has been on for weeks at a time.  It probably has upwards of 2500 hours on it

10. iancraig10
    The Ember will be fine. The tubes will go though. They can slowly become more noisy. It creeps up on you so very often, people don't notice until it's really bad!! Mind you, I had a tube suddenly go on me as well. It hissed like mad one day when I switched on and it was an Orange Globe as well.

I tend to use the Polaris more now though.

11. iancraig10
    sorry. Double post and no delete on here.

12. DavidA
    I've only had one tube (6080 in my BH Crack) die on me so far, it just faded away over a 2 day period.  With my Ember I've been rotating tubes about once a month so with 40+ tubes it will be a while before I need to get new ones, I'll probably be dead by then.

13. iancraig10

:p

Tube rolling can become an obsession. I know one guy who spent more on tubes than the amp and really hasn't a clue what the Ember sounds like any more!!!

14. DecentLevi
    Truth be told, most every tube roller inevitably spends more on tubes than the amp, including almost everybody I know from the Ember and another tube amp thread. It's like 'payment installments' so you can acheive sonic bliss to brighten each and every day! [​IMG]

15. DecentLevi
    Another plus is that we can almost always resell the unwanted tubes to get most of our investment back

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last