Program to identify songs
Nov 21, 2008 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Driedupfish

New Head-Fier
I have some songs that only have the title, I want the artists' names to show on my iPod. So instead of manually doing that, does anyone know of a program that can automatically fill out info for the songs? or identify the artist?

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 9
Google the title and an excerpt of the lyrics.

I don't understand how a program like that would work even if it did exist.

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 9
Try Media Monkey. As long as you know the album title you can tag it from various database like Amazon. It isn't fully automated, but it does save you time from manually typing everything.

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 9
But it takes about ten seconds to type it...

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 9
But I have over a hundred songs that only has the title, by that I mean it only shows the title of the song on the iPod. I know the artists to each song but I really don't want to go through each one of them typing them out

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Google the title and an excerpt of the lyrics.

I don't understand how a program like that would work even if it did exist.

This post fails lol

There are software out there that complete the missing information. I can't think of any right now, but there are some. Google something like ID3 tags software.

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Well you don't have to go through all of them. You can even do so in Windows. Mass select the tracks that share the same artists, right click, go to properties, summary, advanced then fill in the blanks (except title). Once done all the tracks you selected will have their artist info filled.

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry_Killinger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Musicbrainz. It takes a snipit of audio and then analyzes it and then picks the one most like it.

x2 on MusicBrainz. Excellent tool, and also cross-platform. I've never used it for AAC files, but it does work for WMA, OGG Vorbis and FLAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back