PROFESSIONALS COME HELP PLEASE?
Aug 21, 2010 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

vincent1204

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have been reasearching but i need a solid answer. I need a headphone that can be use at home and at outside using my ipod touch. I do not want a headphone that needs amp too. My budget is around 80 euros. Thanks for your help.

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 20
I think you should get an IEM instead. They provide higher isolation and has a better performance:price ratio, imo. I reccomend getting new denon aAH-C551 or a used shure se 310 and new earbuds. You can find both of these on ebay for under 80$

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #6 of 20
You need to be more specific:

What is you music tastes?
Do you need isolation?
What are your sound signature preferences?

Otherwise, we cannot help you.

My suggestion? If you are going out, use IEMs, riding headphones on your neck outside will become bothersome overtime and with IEMs you can just put them in your pocket.

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:
You need to be more specific:

What is you music tastes?
Do you need isolation?
What are your sound signature preferences?

Otherwise, we cannot help you.

My suggestion? If you are going out, use IEMs, riding headphones on your neck outside will become bothersome overtime and with IEMs you can just put them in your pocket.

X2 except on the IEMs. A Sennheiser PX-series is a good option too. 80 euros, try used headphones unless you want quality IEMs.

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #8 of 20
I use my M50 outside and I think it's fine. It isolates fairly well, obviously much much more than the open cans recommended above (SR80i, MS-1). They look pretty slick on my head. The sound on them will do most of your music very nicely. Although, in your situation you should look at those IEMs, which I know nothing about. All I do know is that they're leagues better in terms of sound isolation. 

Quote:
A Sennheiser PX-series is a good option too

The PX series are small, but people say the sound is small and unsatisfying. If you do make a decision based on information you receive on the Internet, please test out all the headphones available in your budget before making the final purchase, if you are buying at a store. It will make you feel more confident about your decision and give you an idea what other sounds you are interested in, as well give you valuable information about how them cans sit on your head. 

Aug 22, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 20
The sound on the PX200 II is very satisfying and it has a nice sound stage. That written there are a lot of options. 

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #15 of 20
If you are in EU, why not get a pair of Philips SHP9000? It's 32ohm and I think you can use it without an amp. Philips did some awesome headphones with relatively cheap price, but SHP9000 is hard to buy in US. That's why I get it in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back