Problems with my CM7
Feb 25, 2006 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Yukster

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I have had the CM7 for about 14 months now, and from the left driver, there seems to be a slight buzzing sound when I play bass intensive music. You can hear it only on some tracks, but not all of them. Did I damage the driver, or is this common with a lot of the CM7s? Should I send it back to audio technica for warranty work? I am afraid that they will not be able to detect the buzz, since it is only on some songs, and not all of them. I really love these earphones, but I am not sure it is worth the hassle of sending these back to Japan. I would buy another one if mine was just defective and everyone else is not affected by this. Thanks,

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 8
Nice, your from Honolulu too? Did you hear about the mini-meet? About the earphones, I have the CM7s as well and I didn't have any buzzing in mine and I sometimes do listen to bass heavy music, so it could possibly be a defect, idk have you got yours wet? Mine got soaked this morning on the way to school and now the sound fades in and out, do you know if Audio Technica will cover any of this? I mean even the standard buds can stand to get wet.
mad.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 8
i think this is a common problem with earbuds when you turn up the volume on bass heavy music... this has happened with every earbud ive owned and usually after awhile the buzzing goes away, but the driver is still sensitive... even if you replace them with new ones and turn the volume up with bass heavy music, they will most probably be damaged as well, try lowering the volume a bit while listening to music... i find for some reason that after awhile the buzzing goes away...

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Okay forget my earlier post, the rain didn't affect the drivers so I guess they are pretty sturdy in that respect, it turns out the plug somehow got damaged when my Vision fell out of my pocket and disconnected them. Maybe you can post how good AT's warranty department are after you've contacted them? For $125 it better be decent, just praying since Sennheiser's isn't.

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for the advice, everyone... I will try out a little while longer and see if the buzzing remains. The buzzing seems to be just on certain frequecies, such as that of a cello, or on the lower end of a piano. Rock/POP (JPOP) doesn't seem to cause to many distortions. I've listened to the same tracks using my A900, and i don't hear the distortions. I don't think I turn up the volume that high, considering I use the CM7 primarily off my MD player.

Skyline, yeah, I heard of the mini-meet, and wanted to go, but I had finals that week, so I couldn't make it.

Luckily, the CM7 have a 3 year warrently (I think) so I think its still covered. I may just hold off sending it back until my next trip back to Tokyo.

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:12 AM Post #7 of 8
Strange. I never noticed it before but listening really closely to Jack Johnson's 'Inaudible Melodies' I do hear a very slight buzzing when low bass guitar notes are played. I'd likely have never noticed had I not been looking for it. Btw, it's not there with my Beyers so it's definitely not the recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back