Problems with D-25s
Sep 24, 2002 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bengt

New Head-Fier
I've just got me a Sony D-25s, but it dosn't really work.
When I plug it in to my 9V 1200 mA adaptor, put a cd in it and press the playbutton, the screen is just lit for some seconds and then the unit turns off again.

Do anyone recognize this problem? I haven't jet got the battery, can it have something with that to do?

Sep 24, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 10
It sounds to me like it's not recognizing the CD, have you tried different CD's with it? Just a thought.

Sep 24, 2002 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 10
I agree with elnero, the D-25s does the same thing when there is no disk in the player, so it probably is not recognizing the disk. Is the disk a CD-RW? That could be the problem.

Sep 24, 2002 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 10
no it's not a cd-rw and I have tried some different cd:s.
The cd doesn't even start to turn around which make me think that the cd-player doesn't even think that there's a cd in it.

Sep 25, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by bengt
I've just got me a Sony D-25s, but it dosn't really work.
When I plug it in to my 9V 1200 mA adaptor, put a cd in it and press the playbutton, the screen is just lit for some seconds and then the unit turns off again.

Do anyone recognize this problem? I haven't jet got the battery, can it have something with that to do?

You sure the adapter's configured for tip(center) negative ? I don't have a battery for mine and it works with a 9V RadioShack adapter.

Sep 25, 2002 at 7:06 AM Post #6 of 10
bengt,

i was wondering whether in the few seconds that the screen is lit... is there any sound coming out? i mean does it start playing the the first track of the cd or not?

Sep 25, 2002 at 7:38 AM Post #7 of 10
If you got it from silicon salvage, send it back for another.
If you got it used, try a lens cleaner.
md

Sep 25, 2002 at 1:14 PM Post #8 of 10
well there is no sound in during the few seconds the screen is lit.
And yes i'm sure I've configured the adaptor right.

what happens when i press play is just that the screen is lit and on it stands 00 and ams.

I bought it from a person in the US who sold it on ebay. I couldn't buy it from sillicon salvage since they are not shipping to sweden.

Sep 27, 2002 at 2:45 PM Post #9 of 10
What you're describing is the behavior of a D-25S running off a battery that's too low to play a CD. The display lights up, the the disk spins, no signal comes out, and it shuts down. This assumes, of course, that you have a battery in the unit.

My suggestion is to check the AC adapter. If you have the plug reversed, as noted earlier, there will be no power seen by the player. If this is the Radio Shack adapter, when you look at the plug, head-on, you'll see the + symbol. On the reverse side of the plug, the - symbol and the word "TIP" should appear. If you have it set properly, the adapter might be bad, which is not unheard of.

Good luck!

Sep 27, 2002 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 10
Slightly off topic, but I just want to add that I've recently ordered a pair of the Sennheiser HD580's and I can't wait to hear them paired up with the D25s... such has been talked about on these forums and especially in Russ Accuri's excellent review. AAaaah... the anticipation....
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back