problematic india,,,,helpppppp meee!!!
Mar 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

sardar17

Headphoneus Supremus
hi ppl.i am new to this site,infact i joined just now.i live in india and am a doctor by profession.Anyways last year i purchased sansa clip+ and meelectronics a151 earphones.Although the buds were awesome but bass was little subdued so this year i wanna upgrade to mee a161p.I want to purchase a no frills player sub 150$.only concern is sound.i researched and found colorfly c3 being pretty good.only problem being its unavailable in india.does anyone has any solution.am really fed up!!

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 11
Hi there ,

Most members here purchase C3 through eBay seller biigbargainsonline who do worldwide shipping. Just put it In your watch list from the Aus site then check out on eBay India.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=380343844383&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=97196727725

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #3 of 11
thanks mate.....any impressions about my choices??mee a161 or colorfly c3??

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 11
Not personally sorry, the pairing has popped up In our C3 impressions thread a few times and some members praise the synergy. So should be fine.

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 11
are you really a doctor, what is the stupid title about India (that too in smaller case), there are many Indian members(inc me), who happen to own lots of audio(phile) stuff, anyone these days (from many parts of the world) can bring goods back to their country through online, so you really don't depend on particular market to grow on your homeland like old times!

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 11
yes i am a doctor and i stand by what i wrote.I know you can order stuff online but certainly not everything,,,you have to make compromises and i am ashamed of it.Stupid politicians should sanction single brand and multi brand retail,,,it may help in improving the condition,and by the way what do you do??

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 11
I'm not doctor! from your reply you are more 'patient' than doctor :) Sorry to get you off on what you want, but tittle like 'problamatic india' puts me off nothing personal...not going into politics...
If you want no frills player, you should be looking into mainstream players at least Clip+ or Cowon, have not used C3 though...

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 11
i had clip+ for 2 years,rockboxed.I personally loved it but its time to upgrade,am divided between cowon and colorfly or maybe rocoo.Money is not much concern but player should be below 300$,its main strength should be audio,it it plays video,good.........if it dosen't,still not much diff.

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #9 of 11
DAPs from Colorfly, HiSoundAudio will give you good SQ, but you have to sacrifice on lots of things, be prepared for terrible UI, crash, firmware upgrade, etc...if you are going to use just Mp3 occasionall wav/flac then you better off with Cowon, you can buy used J3 from Head-Fi, or buy X9/Z2 from CowonIndia/Infibeam/etc...IMHO they are actually upgrade to rockboxed Clip+, the no enhancement J3 (or other cowon plyrs) will not give you any SQ advantage over Clip+, but still it is clean, crisp, sound, add to that BBE, Mach3Bass plus Equalizer makes them fantastic...still I find soundstage of J3 poor even my Samsung Focus (i917) beats it with good soundstage! So in the end, you don't want to compromise on the sound, go for C3, Rocoo, even CK4+(though big!)...or used Audiophile players in Head-fi sale forum that falls within your budget...but having extra cowon player even if you upgrade later will not harm you, btw J3 Radio is good too...you can also buy used iPod Classic (from 5g to 6g) and rockbox it.

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #10 of 11
Thanks for the advice mate,,,,u make a good argument about samsung players.My friend had yp series,it was very good and dnse was useful along with 7 band equilizer but somehow indian samsung site dosen't lists any players now,i think they have been discontinued.About the tracks almost 90 percent of my collection is flac.So maybe cowon is good option,,atleast i will get a good service.But unfortunately j3 has been discontinued according to cowonindia and z2 and a5 are too costly as am not buying or paying extra for a video player,,,i love sony but no flac support and no sd card is a deal off.BTW which cowon do you suggest,,,under inr 12000 or about 220$??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back