Problem (?) with Sony MDR-7506
Jan 26, 2011 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

NewbieAudie

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

First of all, a big thank you to all those who helped me on the path towards entering the audiophile world and purchasing a good headphone.  After some deliberations, I decided to settle on a Sony MDR-7506, which I was told is a oldie but goodie.  After a couple of days of listening to it, I could say the purchase has been worth it.  I could hear much more detail and nuance than before, things are clearer and the sluggishness I got previously disappeared.  So far so good, except for one thing. Whenever I start a new track to listen on, I always notice a subtle but audible "squeak" on the right side of my headphone.  Its very short, probably less than half a second, and always disappears once the track starts playing, but its noticeable. And its consistent whenever I move from song to song.  At first I paid no attention to it, until after 2-3 days I found its still occurring and became concerned. Is that noise normal? Does the headphone make that noise because its "initiating"? Or is it something much more serious?\

If this helps, I listen to music on my HP laptop, almost always in high (192+) bitrate MP3 format (although sometimes FLAC as well). My headphone is plugged directly into the laptop, no amps or other intermediaries. The codec I use is IDT High Definition.

Much thanks,

NA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back