Problem with sekller. Am I in the right forum?
Apr 30, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #16 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since the heart of the problem seems to be with the seller's PayPal account, it would seem appropriate that he would contact PayPal and address his issues over how they handled the refunded payment.

I already contacted paypal about this and they wont help me since i have the negative balance

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His issues with paypal, while unfortunate, are not your problem.

His negative paypal balance is the root of his problem. If he were on the up and up, he probably wouldn't have a negative paypal balance anyhow.

The account was hacked and unused for almost a year. Ive called paypal a dozen of times but they were not a help for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by user18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't think you could have a negative Paypal balance

yes you can. See the screenshot

Quote:

Checking through some e-mail notifications I've received from PayPal, I've always been prompted to log into my PayPal account in order to accept a payment. At that point, I recall that I've had to physically click a button (most likely labeled "Accept Payment" or similar) in order to receive the money.

Its automatic for me =(

Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regardless what op has done, this is becoming a problem because seller had a negative balance on his paypal. Seller should deal with paypal.

The paypal account was abandoned like a year ago since it was hacked and Mitch just assumed that the my email that i used to communicate with him is the correct paypal address.

Ive did the right thing and refunded him and im out of $51 right now. He definitely gets the $51 back since his account is still in normal condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm, that screen name sounds familiar...

anyways, i'm not too sure what happened exactly, but it seems like you jumped the gun a bit too early, but with good intention.

you may have done something unwarranted, but nothing should be "blamed" on you.

He paid me $51, and i refunded him the money using my own bank balance. Basically he paid $0 for the trouble and i have to use my own money to refund him?
confused.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If $51 is a make it or break it for you I would definitely consider a job waiting tables where you can take home money immediately.

I'd hate to be in a position where $51 meant that much to me. I can only imagine the kind of stress you're dealing with.

$51 means alot to anyone. Would you lose $51 if its not your mistake? im not cheap but i think deserve my money back since its obviously my money.

i dont know whether $51 means alot to a guy who has like $2k worth of audio stuff.

Apr 30, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #18 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He paid me $51, and i refunded him the money using my own bank balance. Basically he paid $0 for the trouble and i have to use my own money to refund him?
confused.gif

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm only trying to point out that in reality, you were technically paying part of your obligation (involuntarily) back to PayPal as a result of an accident/mishap with this transaction. It doesn't seem as though the buyer, other than making some questionable judgment calls, did anything intentional to make you lose money.

I know that sounds like a twisted way of looking at this from your perspective, but I do believe this is what one could expect to happen if a PayPal account were left with a negative balance.

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #19 of 96
Quote:

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm only trying to point out that in reality, you weren't technically refunding the buyer, but paying part of your obligation (involuntarily) back to PayPal as a result of an accident/mishap with this transaction.

what do you mean? I used the refund function by Paypal and the money goes through to Mitch's paypal. I think ive done what mitch told me to do.

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #20 of 96
What this all boils down to is Paypal kept your $51 and applied it to a negative balance on your old account...one that was hacked based on what you posted. Ideally, Paypal should pay that money back to Kamal007, but it sounds like that's not going to happen.

I never send money to ANY paypal address unless the seller confirms that paypal address. Most of the time it DOES turn out to be the same as the seller's email address, but not always. To assume it is the same is simply asking for trouble. If I were mitchb, I would send the $51 to Kamal007's valid paypal account.

Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #22 of 96
Quote:

what do you mean? I used the refund function by Paypal and the money goes through to Mitch's paypal. I think ive done what mitch told me to do.

I was in the process of trying to further clarify my message at the time you posted this, so I hope the wording is a bit better now.

I used the word "technically" because, even though you went through the hoops of issuing a refund through PayPal, you didn't actually have any PayPal funds to cover the refund. Since this was the case, the buyer got his money back (which he should have IMO), and PayPal docked your bank account to cover the transaction.

In the end, your PayPal debt should be lessened by $51, I would think. So, you can look at it as having given a refund to the buyer, or making a PayPal payment against your will on a negative balance.

Anyway, as others have mentioned, I do hope the two of your are able to work this out amicably. It sounds like the rest of the transaction went well, and that's always nice to hear.

Apr 30, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #23 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never send money to ANY paypal address unless the seller confirms that paypal address. Most of the time it DOES turn out to be the same as the seller's email address, but not always. To assume it is the same is simply asking for trouble. If I were mitchb, I would send the $51 to Kamal007's valid paypal account.

That's my stance on this as well. It's unfortunate, but that's why I don't automatically send payments to anyone.

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #24 of 96
hmm obviously the op shouldn't just send money blindly without even confirming if the email is the right paypal account. Otoh, if kamaal007 didn't have a negative balance situation with one of his accounts then this problem wouldn't have come up. There has to be a way to resolve the hacked account, if paypal doesn't do anything which is not surprising because they suck you should contact your bank or credit card company or something or you could say you don't accept paypal at all and do money order only.

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #26 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...or you could say you don't accept paypal at all and do money order only.

What good is that when the buyer transfer money to his PayPal account before even agreeing to do so, and even send it to the wrong account?

Quote:

$51 means alot to anyone.

Not really!

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #27 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What this all boils down to is Paypal kept your $51 and applied it to a negative balance on your old account...one that was hacked based on what you posted. Ideally, Paypal should pay that money back to Kamal007, but it sounds like that's not going to happen.

Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.
wink.gif

Before sending the $51 I did confirm that in fact the paypal account belonged to the seller and that it was verified and in good standing(that's only common sense regardless my other errors)
Secondly I did offer the seller half the amount $25.50 on several occasions which i can prove with saved PM's but he refused each time insisting he get paid in full or he would ruin my reputation. A bit of a piggish attitude i would think as although I believe I am partly to blame but not resposible for the $51 I at least tried to meet the seller half way several times without success. The offer no longer stands and if the seller deem it necessary he will ruin my reputation if he must but I am not payoing dime one to this person I bent over backwards to help and all over a pair of crappy headphones in which although I paid him $300 for he reccommended to me that I sell them quickly for $150 , pay him the $51 and still have $99 left over. I feel the need to repeat this. The seller recommended that I the buyer who paid $300 for his headohones sell the very same headphones for $150(that's half of what I paid the seller) and pay him the $51 and I would as a bonus still have $99. The seller doesn't take into consideration that I just paid him $300 for these headphones. Here's a deal. I'll sell the seller back his headphonmes less the $51 so all he would need pay me would be $249 and I would return his headphones and we'd be even. How does that sound. It is more honest than his reccomenation to me to take a $150 hit as his offer without nearly the insult. I apologise for the obvious frustration in the tone of this post

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #28 of 96
Forgive me if I am missing something here but what was the $51 for ? You say he got the $300 + $75 shipping for the headphones, Who sent that ? and if it was you mitchb, then why send the other funds somewhere else ? If it wasn't you then why send the $51 ??????

Edit - Posted as you were explaining, Now I am totally lost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #29 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before sending the $51 I did confirm that in fact the paypal account belonged to the seller and that it was verified and in good standing(that's only common sense regardless my other errors)
Secondly I did offer the seller half the amount $25.50 on several occasions which i can prove with saved PM's but he refused each time insisting he get paid in full or he would ruin my reputation. A bit of a piggish attitude i would think as although I believe I am partly to blame but not resposible for the $51 I at least tried to meet the seller half way several times without success. The offer no longer stands and if the seller deem it necessary he will ruin my reputation if he must but I am not payoing dime one to this person I bent over backwards to help and all over a pair of crappy headphones in which although I paid him $300 for he reccommended to me that I sell them quickly for $150 , pay him the $51 and still have $99 left over. I feel the need to repeat this. The seller recommended that I the buyer who paid $300 for his headohones sell the very same headphones for $150(that's half of what I paid the seller) and pay him the $51 and I would as a bonus still have $99. The seller doesn't take into consideration that I just paid him $300 for these headphones. Here's a deal. I'll sell the seller back his headphonmes less the $51 so all he would need pay me would be $249 and I would return his headphones and we'd be even. How does that sound. It is more honest than his reccomenation to me to take a $150 hit as his offer without nearly the insult. I apologise for the obvious frustration in the tone of this post

Well, i didnt mean the headphones i sold to you. i meant the SR225 which has the ongoing used rate of $150. I still have that pm in the inbox if you want me to prove it here=)

and how did you confirm that? i never said it was the correct paypal address? all of the transactions ive done here was via my university email and not the yahoo mail (for paypal)

and to omegaman, we agreed on $300 Money order but the day after, when i checked my pm, he said that he already sent the $51 to the paypal address. We didnt say anything about paypal and i didnt even give any paypal email or info to him. Again, he just assumed it.

but i refunded him the exact money from paypal because he personally said that paypal wont take the money from my bank account but apparently paypal did. Thats why i need the $51 back to recover my loss. If i have anything left for sale, i would sell them and get the money back but i dont have any. All items are sold.

And if $51 doesnt mean alot. im sure it means nothing to a person who has $2k plus of headphones gear. Maybe more

Plus i never said im gonna ruin your reputation, i only asked if we could open a thread and discuss about this but apparently you ruined your own reputation =)

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #30 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think your intentions were good, but i think you are probably at fault as well, and for two reasons.

1. you sent money to someone who did not expect to receive it (you say before the deal was finalized); and

2. you sent someone money w/o confirming with that person that that was the correct paypal address (another mistake).

again, i think you probaboy had the best of intentions, but the fault seems to be your own here. going forward, it would serve you better to be more patient in transactions to avoid this and other types of unwanted situations.

hopefully you can resolve this matter quickly and in a friendly way.

Unfortunate situation, which the enclosed details also my point of view.

Unfortunate for both partys, while I can sympathise with the OPs situation and good intentions, I did want to add that I've dealt with Kamal007, and it was a smooth transaction!

Good luck to both partys~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back