Problem with Idealsound
Apr 22, 2004 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AnalyticChick

New Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 28, 2004
Posts
24
Likes
0
Hey. So after perusing the forums I decided upon the Shure 5cs
etysmile.gif
as my headphones of choice. Okay then, sorry 'bout the wallet, but congrats on the audio glory. Seeing that Idealsound has them for $365 and is a forum sponser to boot, I was all set to buy from them.

A problem arose though, namely that I CAN"T CONTACT THEM ANYMORE. Initial e-mails to etymotics@hotmail.com were responded to on the same, or after one day. However, I e-mailed them on Friday to figure out how to place a final order and they haven't responded yet. This morning, I sent another "Hey, remember me" e-mail and nothing so far. Having steeled myself (and my parents' wallet) for this not insubstantial purchase, I am now mildly peeved that it isn't going as smoothly as I would like.

Is it possible that I have offended them in some way? I have tried to be as polite as possible, but I did take a pretty long time between first asking for info and then actually deciding to buy the phones. Does anyone on the forum know another way to get a hold of them? My e-mails haven't bounced, and I have contacted them before, so I am more inclined to think that the technology is not at fault here. Or has the company just fallen off the face of the earth? In any case, if I am unable to contact them soon, I was wondering if anyone knew another place that has the Shures for a reasonable price?

Thanks a lot!
 
Apr 22, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 10

JeffL

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 3, 2003
Posts
917
Likes
2
Quote:

Is it possible that I have offended them in some way? I have tried to be as polite as possible, but I did take a pretty long time between first asking for info and then actually deciding to buy the phones.


These days asking questions is so offensive, people block you specifically from their email addresses, ignoring you for all ... lol, just kidding.

Paul of iDealSound has a reputation lately for being very slow. He will come through eventually, but you will have to wait, and keep nagging.

See this thread: http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69489
 
Apr 22, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 10

toaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
3,166
Likes
4,459
Location
miami / nyc
he is selling them for 367.00 with free shipping....

the reason he has it listed this way is because he is an official seller of shure products, thus he is bound by a "seller's contract" to not advertise below msrp - 500 dollars - for the e5's. he can stay within the terms of the contract and let us all know (with some common sense) what he is selling them for.

everyday a new question pops up about the e5's. but it's really the same question being asked by a different person...<sigh> heh.
biggrin.gif
 
Apr 22, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 10

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Joined
Jul 31, 2002
Posts
12,902
Likes
26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi
Just checked the site....What, is it my eyes or does it say what it says?

E5C at idealsound

US $3,670.00 ???
eek.gif



If you want to get them at that price, it is up to you, but the intention of that auction, IMO is just to make you contact them, for a price quote, not to get them from there....
The price they are offering now is probably below the allowed for advertisement by Shure, that is why the tricky auction....
 
Apr 22, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 10

Takashi

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Posts
504
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster22
he is selling them for 367.00 with free shipping....

the reason he has it listed this way is because he is an official seller of shure products, thus he is bound by a "seller's contract" to not advertise below msrp - 500 dollars - for the e5's. he can stay within the terms of the contract and let us all know (with some common sense) what he is selling them for.

everyday a new question pops up about the e5's. but it's really the same question being asked by a different person...<sigh> heh.
biggrin.gif



Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
If you want to get them at that price, it is up to you, but the intention of that auction, IMO is just to make you contact them, for a price quote, not to get them from there....



ok. thanks for clarification. never used ebay.
 
Apr 22, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #7 of 10

RunsWithScissors

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Posts
349
Likes
1
AnalyticChick - Take a deep breath and calm down.

I emailed Paul (idealsound) last week and just got a response on Tuesday. He apologized for the late response as he was out of town over the weekend.

Sit back and relax. Everyone gets busy and a reasonable delay in communication is not unheard of these days. I'm sure Paul will respond to you shortly and may be working through a little backlog.
 
Apr 22, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 10

AnalyticChick

New Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 28, 2004
Posts
24
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunsWithScissors
AnalyticChick - Take a deep breath and calm down.

I emailed Paul (idealsound) last week and just got a response on Tuesday. He apologized for the late response as he was out of town over the weekend.

Sit back and relax. Everyone gets busy and a reasonable delay in communication is not unheard of these days. I'm sure Paul will respond to you shortly and may be working through a little backlog.



Sounds reasonable. Guess I've been spoiled by this on demand Internet consumer culture.

I probably have just caught him at a bad time. Looking at his feedback rating, it does seem as if everyone and their mothers has a good opinion of him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Keep in mind that Paul is just a one-man dealer, Idealsound isn't a "store" or anything.. it's literally just he, by himself acting as an individual reseller.
smily_headphones1.gif



Yeah, I think I also assumed Idealsound was a bigger outfit than it really is. I definitely have different expectations for businesses as opposed to people when it comes to communications. Makes it more difficult when the person *is* the business.
 
Apr 22, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #10 of 10

AnalyticChick

New Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 28, 2004
Posts
24
Likes
0
Fate has a distinctly ironic sense of humor...

So a couple of hours after I start my "Aak, Idealsound is ignoring me" thread, I get this e-mail from Paul with a Paypal invoice inclosed.
So now I have a set of E5s on the way.
biggrin.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top