Probably the Endgame of Portable Audio Solutions?
Oct 1, 2019 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Eaton Liu

Member of the Trade: Luxury & Precision
My setup: Luxury&Precision LP6 Ti LTD + DHC Prion 4 + Audio Technica ATH-L5000

Music genres 80% classical, 10% pop, 5% rock, 5% vocal.

Brief impression of the headphone:

The overallcharacter of the headphone is very similar to ADX5000. However, the L5000 is even brighter with more clarity. TOTL level resolution, clear but not harsh. The sound stage is spacious. The treble has a delicate balance between crispy and airy to result in a sense of openness with solid imagery. The mid has good thickness and weight, but equally as smooth and effortless as the treble and bass. The image size is small, and the tonality is exceptional neutral which means it might not a good pick for vocals, especially male vocals. The bass is well-textured will incredible clarity and separation. You can heard every single note instead of a "boom" which you always hear from a Beats or Ultrasone that wipes out every bass detail. The clapping force is relatively strong, and the earcups lack of tilt adjustment, so it might not be a good fit for everyone's head shape. More in-depth review is on the way, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Came across this thread, thought it would be interesting to see what members current endgame is.

Currently, I enjoy the MDR Z1R with DMP Z1 and Sony Kimber cable. This gives a punchy and warm sound with excellent bass reproduction. The large dynamic drivers assist with the large sound field. I’ve also dug up the iFi Zen Signature Stack, and this is a pleasurable sound. Granted it’s not as refined or well defined as the DMP, but imbues a slight ‘diffuse’ tube character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back