Probably gonna get shoo'd away for this but...
May 21, 2005 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bainsstatic

New Head-Fier
New to the forum. Hi. Anyway, I have a pair of Panasonic RP-HT355's which are awesome and were only about $30. Lately, however, the wire seems to be messed up for the left speaker.

Basically, I'm just trying to get another pair for around the same price. I listen to metal - and only metal.
smily_headphones1.gif

A bit of bass wouldn't be bad either though
smily_headphones1.gif

What are my choices?

Thank you.

May 21, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 8
Koss porta pro's are around that price. Not sure how they are for metal. But sonically they are quite good(for 30 dollars) and they will provide better bass. In that price range I'm not sure what else to reccomend. Possibly the Koss ksc75. If you are willing to up your budget a bit Grado sr-60's would be a nice upgrade, and many say they are great for rock.
regards,
Joe

May 21, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi, bainsstatic.......and we won't shoo you away. It wouldn't work anyway, because once you're here you can never leave.
evil_smiley.gif

As to your question, I did a google search of your Panasonics, and from what I can see, they are closed cans (isolating with little or no sound leakage) which employ something XBS bass. I assume they put out a lot of bass. I also saw them for a low price of around $17.
I've never heard them so I really can't compare them to anything, but in the $30 price range, you're slightly limited as far as closed, good sounding headphones go. There's the Sennheiser HD201 that is available from Headroom for $19.95......and they give it a 5 star value rating.
Also in your price range are the Sennhesier HD202, Koss UR20, and AKG K55. You might want to use the Search function to see what others here have said about each of these.
Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 8
portapro or KSC75. Dont let their small size and low price fool you... IMHO they can keep up with many other cans that cost 2-3 times as much.

Garrett

May 21, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #6 of 8
You want bass, the KSC75s are right up your alley. The Portapros will pull your hair and make you look like a dork, although they sound just as good as the KSC75s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back