Pro700mk2 vs Beats Solo 2 vs Something Else
Jan 25, 2015 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

inseconds99

500+ Head-Fier
Looking for a headphone that excels with hip hop music and edm, I will be using the headphone at home and on the go. I am looking for:

Comfort (very important)
Deep tight bass
Ability to use without an amp direct from iPhone

Pro700mk2 look great but from everything I read they are ultra uncomfortable, I've read great things about the solo 2's which also come wireless without any real loss in fidelity. I already owned the m100's and I found them so uncomfortable, they also broke 5 months into having them.

I am up for suggestions on other products, I was interested in the new beats studios until I watched Lachlan review saying they hiss very bad and they are dependent on a battery. The ath-m50's seem good but they aren't very bass heavy.

Goal is to stay under $400, have the ability to use without an amp and excel in comfort and bass for the music genres I listed. I have HD 700's at home for other listening purposes.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 10
No opinions from my hip hop heads or bass fanatics out there?

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 10
Dt 770 pro maybe idk if they have good deep tight bass but you shouldnt be dissapointed with them. Ath-m50x is another good choice but again idk if it has the bass you want.

Have a look at this list. The vmooda are good and are loved by a bass head of youtube so it should be good enough. http://bass-headphones-review.toptenreviews.com

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 10
Dt 770 pro maybe idk if they have good deep tight bass but you shouldnt be dissapointed with them. Ath-m50x is another good choice but again idk if it has the bass you want.

Have a look at this list. The vmooda are good and are loved by a bass head of youtube so it should be good enough. http://bass-headphones-review.toptenreviews.com

Can I drive the DT 770 from my iPhone?

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 10
M50s have plenty of bass, IMO; I'd say subjectively its more than the DT770s. Definitely not as tight.

If you like the HD700s but want portables, I'd say look at the T51p or DT1350.

DT770 32 ohms sound decent out of my 5S, but true portables do better IMO. T51p is solid from an iPhone headphone jack; I'd try to give them a listen if you really want to stick with your iPhone. DT770s, even the 32, need just a little more power to really shine, and they isolate decently, but not well as real portables.

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #7 of 10
The new ATH-M50X has great bass.  Its only a bit above neutral though, and fairly tight but punchy.  I think it has a good bit less bass  than the original 50.  I never heard the 50, but I've heard it called a bass-head phone and I definitely would not call it that.  So, it has great solid bass, but if you're looking for super quantity of bass, I don't think you'll like it.  Also, not the most comfortable as it has high clamp force and earcups are only moderate in size.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 10
  The new ATH-M50X has great bass.  Its only a bit above neutral though, and fairly tight but punchy.  I think it has a good bit less bass  than the original 50.  I never heard the 50, but I've heard it called a bass-head phone and I definitely would not call it that.  So, it has great solid bass, but if you're looking for super quantity of bass, I don't think you'll like it.  Also, not the most comfortable as it has high clamp force and earcups are only moderate in size.

I do have ATHM50x they are very comfortable actually, although they do have some clamp feeling it doesn't bother me.
without a amp they have little bass, but any headphones i have had always have little bass without a amp.
they do have solid bass if you have a decent amp. but i would buy them again if i was looking for the most bass.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 10
IMO the M50X doesn't have much bass at all. I own both the M50X and Pro700MK2. I mainly use the Pro700. Reach for the M50X when i'm listening to acoustical music. The Pro700 thumps plenty without EQ out of the FIIO E12. Would recommend using the M50X (HP-EP) pads though

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #10 of 10
  IMO the M50X doesn't have much bass at all. I own both the M50X and Pro700MK2. I mainly use the Pro700. Reach for the M50X when i'm listening to acoustical music. The Pro700 thumps plenty without EQ out of the FIIO E12. Would recommend using the M50X (HP-EP) pads though

yeah i agree. i just recently broke my pro700mk2 without eq they have good bass but with eq it's damn near a ton. i had hm5 memory foam pleather pads which are more comfortable but stress the plastic a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back