Pro 750 Comfort
Nov 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Klang2

New Head-Fier
I just bought the Pro 750 and I love the sound and the amount of detail that can be heard. But the headphones are really uncomfortable on my head. The small padded area on the headband which the weight of the headphones are resting on, really starts to dig into my head after a while. I tried adjusting the angle of the earpads, the length of the headband and the position of the headband on my head. Is there any special way to position them to make them less uncomfortable? I would really like to keep the headphones because I love the sound. Are there any Ultrasone headphones with different headband design?

Another thought I had, is if you could have the headband replaced by someone professionally. Is that a crazy idea? Is there any place in Europe that does such headphone modifications?

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 11
I have the ProLine 750 (same phones, previous model nomenclature) and have not had a problem with the headband, only the clamping which I reduced by flexing the center portion of the headband to reduce tension.

I suppose you could try adding some padding between the headband and your head.
Or perhaps with use the headband padding will soften or your head wil toughen.
tongue.gif

I hope it works out for you especially since you love the sound.

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klang2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought the Pro 750 and I love the sound and the amount of detail that can be heard. But the headphones are really uncomfortable on my head. The small padded area on the headband which the weight of the headphones are resting on, really starts to dig into my head after a while. I tried adjusting the angle of the earpads, the length of the headband and the position of the headband on my head. Is there any special way to position them to make them less uncomfortable? I would really like to keep the headphones because I love the sound. Are there any Ultrasone headphones with different headband design?

Another thought I had, is if you could have the headband replaced by someone professionally. Is that a crazy idea? Is there any place in Europe that does such headphone modifications?

Give us a call in the office and we'll try to assist in gettig things more comfortable for you.

951-678-9091

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klang2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha i had the same idea.. but i probably gonna do it my self in the very very distant future :p

also have a look at this
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/2821957-post2902.html and this
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sou...phones-336543/

Yeah i find them still make my neck sore after some time... and i have them for 3 month now. I increased the spread, and the clamp is now very much less... the tip was put a box between the headphones for couple of days... let it spread naturally.. and it works like magic :p

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 11
Just a little info about this;

The headband has a metal support in it.

If you were to grip the headband with both hands, and place your thumbs on the OUTSIDE middle of the headband, and softly pull back on the headband, it will expand it and should make it less tight on the head.

I demo this quite often to various dealers and to our sales reps. As long as your only doing the one adjustment and not bending it continuously back and forth, you won't have any problems with the headband.

Hope this helps.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 11
Dont forget it is designed to be snug, which is why you cannot hear anything but the music when they are on...my wife has to smack me several times to get my attention!

I dont have the pro but the PL750, basically the same phones without the fancy box.

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #11 of 11
i tried the box AND the bend of the headband. it was pretty good...

Well if u want there are screws u can try to unscrew them but warranty is probably voided as always.. and see if u can replace it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back