Prisoner Cell Block H - fi
Aug 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lucozade

Headphoneus Supremus
                                                                                So who else out there has the complete DVD boxset of prisoner Cell Block H ? ( the largest boxset on earth )
containing 174 dvds ,all 40 seasons (694 episodes) 

And which are your favorite characters from this classic series ? , mine are BEA SMITH and THE FREAK aka Joan Ferguson 
popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
So who else out there has the complete DVD boxset of prisoner Cell Block H ? ( the largest boxset on earth )
containing 174 dvds ,all 40 seasons (694 episodes) 

And which are your favorite characters from this classic series ? , mine are BEA SMITH and THE FREAK aka Joan Ferguson 
popcorn.gif

Hey!! That show was repeated in the 90s and finished in the middle of a series for some reason, and was never screened again. I don't know what happened there, but I know that most of the cast ended up in Neighbours and Muriel's Wedding
biggrin.gif

Joan Ferguson was scary... didn't she used to wear the sinister white glove to, ahem, 'inspect' prisoners when they were admitted? And what about Vinegar Tits? I only remember her nickname, not her real name. And there was dear old Lizzy who reminded me of Galen from Planet of the Apes.

Lizzy

Galen

And then scary Fergie 
eek.gif

It was really badly acted, and did they even have a budget? But there was something embarrassingly watchable about it. I remember reading (after it had finished) that Fergie was coming to the London stage with that GLOVE!!!!! I hope they washed it or dumped it after!!

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 5
, @soozieq , your still here ,cool.I new i could count on you to get the ball rolling. Vinegar tits was Vera Bennett and she became Governor of barnhurst ,the prison farm out in the sticks. You seem to have a thing about that GLOVE !!! , did it give you nightmares when you used to watch cell block  
ksc75smile.gif
 , it was a black leather one by the way LOL. 

What a great tv show that was ,and yes you are right ,quite a few of the actors/actresses ended up in neighbours and home and away.I was watching an interview with the actress how played bea smith the other week ,she is a little grey haired old lady now ! 

Poor old lizzy she did like a drink or two. 

Quote:
Hey!! That show was repeated in the 90s and finished in the middle of a series for some reason, and was never screened again. I don't know what happened there, but I know that most of the cast ended up in Neighbours and Muriel's Wedding
biggrin.gif

Joan Ferguson was scary... didn't she used to wear the sinister white glove to, ahem, 'inspect' prisoners when they were admitted? And what about Vinegar Tits? I only remember her nickname, not her real name. And there was dear old Lizzy who reminded me of Galen from Planet of the Apes.

Lizzy

Galen

And then scary Fergie 
eek.gif

It was really badly acted, and did they even have a budget? But there was something embarrassingly watchable about it. I remember reading (after it had finished) that Fergie was coming to the London stage with that GLOVE!!!!! I hope they washed it or dumped it after!!

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
, @soozieq , your still here ,cool.I new i could count on you to get the ball rolling. Vinegar tits was Vera Bennett and she became Governor of barnhurst ,the prison farm out in the sticks. You seem to have a thing about that GLOVE !!! , did it give you nightmares when you used to watch cell block  
ksc75smile.gif
 , it was a black leather one by the way LOL. 

What a great tv show that was ,and yes you are right ,quite a few of the actors/actresses ended up in neighbours and home and away.I was watching an interview with the actress how played bea smith the other week ,she is a little grey haired old lady now ! 

Poor old lizzy she did like a drink or two. 

Oh yeah. It was a black leather glove, that's right! The way she slid it slowly over her hand with that strange twisted half-smile was very sinister
eek.gif

VinegarTits was Vera Bennett, ah yes, I remember. She was an old bat too wasn't she? I liked Bea though. She was a tough old boot but she had a heart. She used to take a lot of the new girls under her wing... ooh, do you remember the Governor? Ann someone or other. I always liked her. Did she leave before it ended? I still haven't seen the end!

I just looked at Lizzy and Galen again.... they're mother and son.

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Oh yeah. It was a black leather glove, that's right! The way she slid it slowly over her hand with that strange twisted half-smile was very sinister
eek.gif

VinegarTits was Vera Bennett, ah yes, I remember. She was an old bat too wasn't she? I liked Bea though. She was a tough old boot but she had a heart. She used to take a lot of the new girls under her wing... ooh, do you remember the Governor? Ann someone or other. I always liked her. Did she leave before it ended? I still haven't seen the end!

I just looked at Lizzy and Galen again.... they're mother and son.

Vinegar tits was the nasty screw before Joan Ferguson came along, a real *****cat in comparison to the freak though . There was two governors of wentworth detention center , Erica Davidson was first ,than Ann whats her name ? took over ,i am not sure if she stayed to the end as i am only half way through the series, i still got about 350 episodes to watch, its very addictive viewing 
beerchug.gif
 Do you remember meg Morris ,the good screw ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back