Printer/scanner/copier
Sep 13, 2002 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

CRESCENDOPOWER

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I’m looking for a printer, scanner, and copier for my computer. I remember when it was time for me to buy a new computer, and you guys definitely sent me in the right direction with links to many different manufactures, and great recommendations, so here we go again. I would prefer a model where the drivers will be compatible with Windows 2000 Professional. Lets try to keep it under 200 bucks. Any, and all recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2002 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 5
I think you won't be able to find anything that will be of any reasonable quality. They all cut corners and just add as many mediochre features as they can to make up for it.

Then again, not everybody has room for a flatbed scanner and additional printer.

I just feel if you are going to spend money, you should go ahead and get something that will do what it does well. But if you think about it, these multi-function machines do nothing well. They can only scan regular sized papers. They are injets (at this price range at least), so their copys will be inferrior to all but the worst traditional copiers. Finally, they have nowhere near the quality that a similarly (or even half) priced injet would have.

That said, my father has one. It is a laser printer which actually has decent quality, but in that office he also has a copy machine, printer, and fax machine all of which he still uses. Actually the only thing he uses the multi-function thing for is to print out faxes that are recieved by the computer....He only bought it because it was the equivelent of a cheap laser printer (he got a good deal on it).

Sep 13, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Not sure about under 200 bucks, but the Laserjet 3330 is the best combo-machine I've had to date. The scanner's a bit bad but I don't use it for scanning very much - it's fantastic for copying and faxing. It is enormous though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back