Printer-fi: I need a new laserjet!
May 4, 2008 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

filipelli

Headphoneus Supremus
Any suggestions out there for a new laserjet? I'd like bang for the buck! Budget is around $250, but I would like one that is reliable, with toner lasting a long time and not too $$$. What do you guys reccomend?

May 4, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 15
For black and white I've heard good things about Brother laser printers. They are fairly cheap and have good a low cost-per-page.

May 4, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For black and white I've heard good things about Brother laser printers. They are fairly cheap and have good a low cost-per-page.

Hmm, I've heard the opposite opinion about Brother lasers, actually, and for their inkjets I've had nothing but trouble.

I suggest a Samsung or a Lexmark. How heavy duty do you want, and what features you require? Around how many pages do you plan on printing a month?

May 4, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #6 of 15
Xerox color laser will set you back around 300ish....I luv Xerox
wink.gif

May 4, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 15
i have the hp color laserjet 2600n ... it's 290 shipped at amazon right now but might be cheaper elsewhere. i've been really happy with it so far. i don't print quite as much as you but i've probably done a couple hundred pages thus far and the supply level on the black ink hasn't dropped below the "full" mark yet. double-sided printing is manual.

May 5, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a samsung ml-2010, it last a long time.

Got the slightly more advanced ML-2510, for $60 brand new. Toner (not the starter one though!) lasts for 3000 pages, can be refilled for $5 and is very easy to refill. So far I've ran through about 4000 pages in it, not a hiccup.

Manual double-sided though... I normally squeeze 4 slides into 1 letter size page and then re-use the backs of the pages for notes or print other notes on them once those particular notes are no longer needed.

May 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #14 of 15
I always recommend HP laser printers. I do this mostly because they are, by far, the fastest to get the first page out. Their sleep function is the best on the market.

May 10, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #15 of 15
Inkjet - HP
Laser - Brother or HP

Lexmark rots.
Brother inkjet rots
Canon is ok
Samsung....love other electronics they make, but not so much their laser printers.

I sell them every day at Office max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back