printer discount 1 week after i bought it
Nov 28, 2008 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Konig

1000+ Head-Fier
I bought a printer off B & H 2 weeks ago but it was just discounted another $30 today. I remember there is a policy in the States that some vendors has to rebate you the discount if you bought the product not awhile ago. I wonder what is the proper name of this policy and if I should bring this up to the sales rep.

Nov 28, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #2 of 7
I generally start swearing at the sales rep. If that doesn't work? I go higher up.
biggrin.gif

On more serious note, I forgot what it was called either, but you should just walk up there with your receipt and it should work in most stores.

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I generally start swearing at the sales rep. If that doesn't work? I go higher up.
biggrin.gif

On more serious note, I forgot what it was called either, but you should just walk up there with your receipt and it should work in most stores.

Thank You. The prob is i bought it off the internet and i wonder if its the same

Nov 28, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 7
I believe its called a price adjustment, and you can do it for up to a month after your purchase if the price drops.

Regardless of whether its an e-tailer or a brick and mortar store, the policy still stands.

Nov 28, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Doesn't this only apply to actual goods price cuts though? (like when apple dropped the price of the iphone) if the price change is because the retailer has put an item on sale, or changed the sale percentage then thats different.

Hell prices fluctuate all the time during the course of a month. Buy a graphics card on the first of december and see what price it is in January.

Nov 28, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #7 of 7
I use it all the time, works everytime. One of those unspoken official policies that they don't want spread around.

I always check into stores where I recently bought something to see if the sale price has dropped, has saved me at least a hundred bucks over the years.

They would rather refund you the difference on an identical item then have you buy the same thing at the discounted price, and return the first purchase. Less work for them, and you're a happy customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back