1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

PRICE DROP: Burson Conductor amp + preamp + DAC, with Sabre ES9018 chip

Discussion in 'Amplification For Sale / Trade' started by Climber, Dec 29, 2017.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (23)
  1. Climber
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    Best offer:
    Yes
    Finally selling my beloved, reference class, Burson so I can switch to a smaller headphone rig. I've used this as both a headphone amp and a hi-fi preamp -- it shines in both applications.

Cosmetic condition is excellent, with a clean faceplate and some light scuffs/scratches on top. It also features the nicest feet I've ever seen on a component. It does click in between positions on the volume knob but that is normal with the a high-end stepped attenuator.

I've used it with everything from IEMs to full size Sennheiser, Grado, Hifiman, and Fostex. Haven't found a a pairing that's been less than great.

As much as it shines as an amp, I also love it for it's DAC and pre-amp capabilities. It's absolutely the best combo I've found with my Parasound, Adcom and DIY Pass power amps. It offers three analog RCA inputs, and three digital -- coax, USB, and optical TOSLINK.

Go ahead and look at reviews, and you'll find they're all glowing. Power + finesse, and a lot of other audio press superlatives.

The build and components are full on high-end audiophile -- Wima, Philips, Dale, Elna, etc. It's totally discrete class A with nary an IC chip in sight. It has TWO big ole transformers to isolate the digital and analog power stages. And it's basically built like a tank in a hefty aluminum enclosure.

$575 obo. Thanks.

DSC_0109.JPG DSC_0112.JPG DSC_0113.JPG
    DSC_0109.JPG DSC_0112.JPG DSC_0113.JPG DSC_0115.JPG

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    gibby likes this.
  2. Climber
    (bump for price drop)

3. Climber
    SOLD

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.