[PREVIEW] Brainwavz M5
Sep 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #16 of 90
Thanks for the review ClieOS, i am glad you enjoyed them so much, i hope everyone enjoys them as much as you did. We did throw in a lot more accessories for this, but we will be doing the same with all the earphones in the M-Series. We will also be rolling out the new cases, its a shame we couldn't get the new cases finished in time so that they could be used with the M5 stock we're getting in now.
Quote:
The 25th September.
I know I saw this on the mp4nation site but can't find it anymore, so maybe it's changed.

Production was bumped up and was completed over the weekend, the M5 should be in our hands tomorrow(12th sep) and ready to start shipping then. Due to the unexpected early arrival of the stock we're going to leave the preorder price on till next Monday.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #19 of 90
I'll rate M5 just a tiny bit ahead of GR06. The difference is mainly because M5 has a more versatile sound signature than GR06, which is more mid centric.

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #20 of 90
Just pulled the trigger on these since they're on pre-order.
For $34 bucks i hope its the least bit decent. My last brainwavz were the M2s which i sadly misplaced.
Been contemplating to get the gr06 but since Clieos replied these were slightly more versatile than gr06s then I'll trust his recommendation.
Only been getting IEMs that Clieos recommended or given Sonic gold, so far I have been satisfied except for RE0 which broke within a month. 

Will report these once they are shipped here! Stay tuned! Really excited!

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #21 of 90
Trusting Clieos , I also ordered..lets see how it goes.Really excited seeing the reviews and more so because this would be my first serious upgrade from my default IEMs and also the $34.50 number clinched the deal for me
wink_face.gif
.Been lurking in head-fi for  a week now to find those perfect pairs.I was initially  contemplating on getting e30,but Clieos chart helped me out to decide.
BTW ,is there any difference between the copper colored and black colored ones?

Sep 16, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #23 of 90
Quote:
Trusting Clieos , I also ordered..lets see how it goes.Really excited seeing the reviews and more so because this would be my first serious upgrade from my default IEMs and also the $34.50 number clinched the deal for me
wink_face.gif
.Been lurking in head-fi for  a week now to find those perfect pairs.I was initially  contemplating on getting e30,but Clieos chart helped me out to decide.
BTW ,is there any difference between the copper colored and black colored ones?

The discounted price, the ranking on Clieos' list, the included Comply foam tips, the free Fedex shipping and the sliding cable cinch were all good reasons for me. What finally pushed me over the edge was the additional 5% off you get for liking the MP4Nation Facebook page. Got the copper coloured ones, for a change.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #24 of 90
Quote:
The discounted price, the ranking on Clieos' list, the included Comply foam tips, the free Fedex shipping and the sliding cable cinch were all good reasons for me. What finally pushed me over the edge was the additional 5% off you get for liking the MP4Nation Facebook page. Got the copper coloured ones, for a change.

Same here. Plus I traded in some points I got when I ordered the M4 (also with mic) 2 weeks ago ;p Just couldn't leave em for that price. 
Personally I prefer the more balanced sound of the M5 over that of the M4. They're more pleasant to my ears because they don't sound as harsh as the M4 do with a lot of the post-rock music I listen too. 

One note on the driver flex though, I'm getting it a lot more with the M5 when I insert them into my ears, then I did with the M4..

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #25 of 90
Just got mine today. Will edit this post later and give my opinions. So far I've got a rubber tip with a hole in it. Never encountered something like that before.

Edit: Still burning in. But currently it seems obvious that it's a V-shaped/ U-shaped type of IEMs. Scooped sound. Mids are laid back. Boomy yet retains abit of detail at the top end.
Here are some pictures. Everyone loves pictures.
Arrived in 2 days! Ordered it on Sunday, received it on Tuesday afternoon!

These are way smaller and definately more comfortable as compared to the big housing of Monoprice's 8230.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #27 of 90
Can anyone comment on how these compare to the M4s in terms of the 'brightness'? I have some M4s and while they amazing at low levels, I cannot stand the harshness once I turn the volume up. I am looking for some IEMs that I can turn up quite loud when necessary.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #28 of 90
While M5 isn't as bright as M4, it isn't exactly smooth either (if that's what you are looking for). Though I won't call M5 harsh, you can turn any similar sound IEM to harsh sounding when you turn the volume up. It is a side effext of loudness rather than the natural brightness of the IEM itself. Well, it is also bad for your hearing too. While brightness can induce more fatigue, hearing damage is a result of loudness, not just brightness.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #29 of 90
Thanks for the response. 

I understand that turning the volume up will always have some detrimental effect and I do not wish to listen to my music at max volume but I have found that a comfortable listening volume for other IEMs (Brainwavz M1, Sennheiser CX300-ii for example) is incredibly painful with the M4s. I even use the comply tips as I have found that they dampen the harshness a bit. I really enjoy the clarity and general sound of the M4 and was hoping the M5 was something similar with less harshness to the highs..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back