Pressure and pain in the ear, when wearing silicone tips, RHA MA750 earphones.
Oct 31, 2015 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

vickie2006

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, i have RHA MA750 in ears, their tips are too big for me, last week i received SpinFit SS tips, they are great for the fit, but i feel pain and pressure in my ear, it was feeling pain in my ear for about 45 min long.

I need extra small tips, there is a chance that it caused by the silicon ( it's doesn't caused because of the fit or size for sure).

The other option that may solve my problem is foam tips,You think it will solve my problem?

And if Yes, which company sells them in the right fitting tips for me?

Thanks for everyone help 
wink_face.gif

biggrin.gif

Hello everyone, after a very long dilemma, i chose the RHA MA750.
It was very tough Decision, but i did it after all...

But i got only one problem with them, the RHA tips, all of them were too big to me, the smallest one were little fit but, fell in one touch.
Then, i understood that i have tiny ear, and then used my old earphones tips (VSONIC GR06), they were fitted good, but still i felt that my ear getting pressure and it hurts.

Than i decided to order the SpinFit SS size, because i thought that it will help with my ears problem, after i order them from the best seller Dopamine, they were arrived very fast and fitted much better than the other buds (Vsonic) , but still i can't put them for 5 min after hearing music, because i were feeling pain in my ears, and it were hurts for 45 min long, and i had to touch the ears rapidly to decrease the pain.
Moreover, i heard a quiet song, and not on full volume.

I'm sure that it not the fitting problem, So what makes them, to be hurting my ear?

I want to know if maybe the silicon, makes the pain, and foam tips maybe will solve the problem?

_____

I've done search about the foam buds and found a few product.

Shure olive - look great, if some one used them before and can give me an opinion?

Comply Tips - We don't have distributors of them in my country and it cost so much on ebay, in addition they aren't durable.

In Airs  - but they look great but still can't order them to my country, furthermore, someone write in the reviews that they aren't durable.

An important thing, i have extra small ear canals, so if you found some of the foam tips good for me too, so let me know.
If you have more suggestions it will be awesome

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 18
Hey Vickie,
Your problem could be caused by a number of factors and unfortunately you will need to experiment with different tips to find the ones that work for you. Foam tips by Comply are very good and come highly recommended by many on this forum. I have a pretty substantial collection of tips and am always trying different ones with my earphones as I hate to have earache and will change tips out until I find a solution. I might also suggest you try some type of ear lubricant as this really helps when you put the ear pieces in your ear and also when you remove them and they help you get a good seal. How you insert your ear pieces also affects your comfort. May I suggest you look on you tube and see how to properly insert ear plugs if you aren't already familiar with the process. The bottom line: try lots of tips until you find the ones for you. I realise this may not be what you want to hear but I'm afraid it's the best advise I have as someone who has VERY sensitive ears. Hope this is helpful. Cheers. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #6 of 18
Hey Swannie007
and thank for your reply.

But that weird, how to insert them to the ear, it's very simple especially when you have RHA, with their angle shape of cable.
As i say the fit was great with the SpinFit and doesn't feel pressure because of their size, the only problem was that that i feel like the sound makes pain in my ear.

Maybe because the SpinFit make it to super fit and it was too close to the sensitive part of the ear.

Really i don't know what to do, i trying now to order foam tips, the problem that only few seller's sell foam tips in XS size.
Why there is a-lot of silicon extra tips, and it's hard to find extra small tips

Another question for the small comply are fitting good for extra small ear canals people?

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #7 of 18
You are most welcome. It also sounds like your ears may not like a deep insertion as they are probably very sensitive in the deeper areas. I know this sounds weird but try a large olive shaped ear tip and use a shallow insertion and this MAY solve your problem. Worth a try. Cheers.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 18
Not sure I can actually give you a specific example but just try a large olive shaped ear tip on your current ear phones and just insert them lightly. As far as lube goes, there is a brand I use called Otto lube, I think, not home right now so can't check, but I am sure you will find some on ebay. If you don't have lube, a little bit of spit will work. Hope this helps. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 18
Okay so as i understand from you, i need to find tips that have olive shape and to use with oto lube.
That is little bit sad, because it makes so much mess for just 1 hour music hearing.

Listen, i found this two products that close to what you talking about, tell me if i am right.

Oto Lube
http://www.amazon.com/Oto-Ease-Earmold-Lubricant/dp/B00GNIQV6U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446627374&sr=8-1&keywords=Otto+lube

(never heard about this product, and it is make this too messy, every time i need to put this lube on the tip, every time?)

Monster tips XS:
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-XS-TIP-IE-F-Replacement/dp/B003TFEHK2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446627684&sr=8-2&keywords=Monster+xs+supertips

(I'm little bit afraid because they only 3.5 stars, and they aren't cheap, so i need to be sure that this is the best product for me, otherwise i just throwing 25 bucks to the dump).

There is another foam brand, its cheaper, but not shape as you talk about-
http://www.amazon.com/Pairs-Black-Earphones-earphones-compatibility/dp/B00659KQSG/ref=pd_cp_23_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ATD2X0MG6SHKK9F3QQT

(those are the only two brands, in the market that sell foam tips in extra small size)

_______

Thanks man for your help, I'm really appreciate it.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #13 of 18
i get uncomfortable pressure feeling with silicone tip earbuds as well most likely because theres a little bit of "lightly compressed" air in your ear because it makes an airtight seal. and foam tips should solve the problem as the expand in your ear push most of the air out 

Nov 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #14 of 18
Yeah i ordered from AliExpress Foam tips in small size...
I hope they will solve my problem...
Because there aren't much companies that sell foam tips in XS size, so i give a chance for small foam tips.
I bought some product that fake Comply tips, i don't have any choice, because they don't have any distributors in our country, Furthermore people say that they are tips good but aren't durable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back