PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
May 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #76 of 353
Quote:
Not really, I think the B&W headphones are highly overpriced and mediocre sounding at best. I tried to get along with my P5 and finally gave up after a year. I sold it off at a loss.

P5's
blink.gif
. They are made by Bower & Wilkins. I think u must have got them mixed up. B&O is a reputed brand among audiophiles though :p

May 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #80 of 353
Quote:
BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones rocks.......................... Everyone try this if you are a music fan.

You put forward a compelling argument. 

May 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #82 of 353
im gonna buy the H3 !!
£199 is a very fair price i have to say compared to other companies, might be pricey for non-headfiers but people into IEM understands that good IEM costs more than £250 pounds

and hey how many iem's are made from anodized aluminium and 3 year warrantee? not to say added nice looking controller mic? 

i purchased my ATH CK-10 for around £200 and broke after 13months (1 year warrantee....) and they are said to be one of the most durable iems ever quality of the plastic are good etc...( my a**), the plastic starts to chip away, but still CK10 is by far the best iem ive heard, i got it fixed by people on the streets in china since one of the ear is not working, and it still broke after 3months, the cost of fixing is cheap only £10 but the plastic of the ck10 is wearing off and the gorgious marble are all scratched.

i really like the look on H3, it has a sport car/minimalist look to it, and im pretty sure its not gonna chip away like how ck10 does

all three colors look outstanding, but if i have to choose id go for the red one (black color mic and red colour looks nice!)

May 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #84 of 353
Quote:
Had 20 minutes with the H6 yesterday.

First impression is that they are light and well built, isolation is good and comfort is excellent, definately one of the most comfortable closed headphones I have tried in recent years (and I've tried many).

Sound is typical B&O, not that exciting, quite neutral, but a little boring. Bass is not very deep and there's not much of it, treble is nice and not harsh, so overall it's a pleasant sound.

If it was half price, it would be a good deal, for the listed price it's not good enough.

yea its quite expensive but that's nothing new fr B&O, i mean its never gonna compete with the like's of hd650 right? 

May 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #85 of 353
B&O is the Apple of sound. Good performance, but at a unwarranted and unjustifiable premium with too little connection to performance.

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #87 of 353
Quote:
I'd say BOSE are more like the apple of sound, though I get where you are coming from.

Well yes B&O do aim for the high end. Build, finish and design often reside in the high end domain. The fidelity however not so much. Plain insufficient at that price point.

BOSE I have been lucky enough to avoid entirely after being subjected to a quite expensive set of speakers a long time ago, which makes me completely clueless on the products they deliver these days.

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #88 of 353
I have to admit, I absolutely love the look of the leather and aluminum on the H6. I am the type of person who is willing to pay a little more for touches like that. I don't think $400 USD is out of line if the performance is there, although it is on the steep side. There are other products that also have my attention, like the new KEF M500. Since I'm shopping for something that will spend a lot of time in my carry on luggage, my biggest concern about the H6 is how it packs. I look at headphones the same way as I look at sports cars and motorcycles. They have to have the performance AND look good. If either is lacking, I don't want it.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #89 of 353
Big fan of the B&O line of products. You really gonne have to judge them as art tho, and have a pretty loaded wallet, but once again, we all know how much a well appreciated painting can go for :)

I've been visiting Denmark 2 times this month, my main concern was the Louisiana museum, particularly the Pop Art Design exhibition and Yoko Ono. It was really something! 
I think B&O represent the emotion you get when there´s an extra touch to the concept, It is such thing making a person who can appreciate that paying an higher price tag for it :)

I remembered getting a fuzzy feeling everytime I passed a B&O store with the H6 on display ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back