Premature balding...
Jun 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

CDBacklash

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, I'm 19, and blatantly going bald. At first I thought it was just my hair moving back a little like you see in most men, but my hair is getting thinner and thinner (It's not so apparent atm, but I am sure I will be bald by the time I am 21). My voice changed when I was 17, so this is a bit shocking to me... although, looking at my father it should not be shocking.
tongue.gif

I have the face of a 12 yearold (I am quite thin, but the baby fat never left my face), so I am not sure balding will be a good look (chemotherapy?) although on the upside I think that hairs caught in drivers would be a problem, and I could use it as a source for pity on women (which has worked wonderfully so far...
rolleyes.gif
)

Anyone else bald/balding and proud/embracing it?
I'd love to hear from you during a (somewhat) traumatic time.

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 45
I started going bald when I was 22. It has progressed a lot now. The only parts of my head that still have thick hair are the sides, back, and very, very front. The baldness is quickly encroaching on the back, too.

I wonder where I got it from, because there's no history of baldness on either side of my family.

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 45
I'm just throwing this out here if anyone is interested. There is a drug called Spironolactone that can reverse male pattern baldness, go see a dermatologist if your interested. This is not common knowledge but this is a side effect of the drug. In other words, don't go looking on-line for connections between this drug and hair regrowth.
smile.gif

EDIT: This is for women only, sorry guys, I guess you can take it but it will make your worm fall.

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 45
well, i did not start at 19, but at 24, in norway, i discovered that my hair was a lot less hairy than before. i am living with it now, but it was very hard to take at first. perhaps though, i am lucky as it has not changed much since then and i am almost 30 (yikes).

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 45
Hair weaving, Hair implanting....some of the ways to get your hair back.

if u wanna look attractive...then shave it all..dont keep side patches...they look really bad.

this guy had balding problems...this is how he managed it:
neil-strauss-before-and-after1.jpg

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 45
I was planning on getting an andre agassi early-carreer mullet too.
Looks like i'll have to go the late-career chrome dome.
To be honest, I would look like a cancer patient if I shaved my head. I could grow a beard, but its not particularly thick.
A friend of mine had a very receeded hairline at 17... so it could be worse

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 45
1) Go to the woods.
2) Kill a bear
3) Shave hair from dead bear.
4) Glue bear's hair on top of your head.
5) Welcome to youth!

Additional method: Grow a NECK BEARD as this one:
neckbeard.jpg

People would stare at your neck beard and won't give a damn about your hair

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #12 of 45
Wash your hair with as cold a water as you can tolerate. Heat kills generative tissue - hair follicles, nail beds, tumors, testes. Avoiding a hot water shampoo will slow down the balding. I have been doing this since my twenties, when I realized the connection, and I still have most of my hair at 59.
smile.gif

Laz

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #14 of 45
Zinc Pyrothene shampoo daily (Head & Shoulders)
Nizoral shapoo twice a week (specialized brands)
One aspirin a day
Massage scalp once a day
Rogain
Propecia
Healthy diet

A combination, or all 7 at best, will slow hair loss, drastically depending on hair type, as long as one practices other basic prevention - no hats, no regular friction atop head, etc, etc.

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 45
Why worry about having hair when you can have...

... no hair
austin-powers-mike-myers-as-dr-evil4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back