Premade three-conductor XLR to RCA cables?
May 23, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 10
Does anyone know if premade cables exist that use three conductors? Looking for male XLR to male RCA.

If not, I suppose I'll have to unpack the Weller and make some.

You again? :p

Monoprice has them up to 50 feet.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=4775&catargetid=320013720000065908&cadevice=t&kpid=104775&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyoCrBRCl-aa97pKX_t8BEiQAbrs_9G7mhf-zbkiv1EIdQUWtF3xxuvR-kFT56Yea0rze7HcaAhpN8P8HAQ

se

May 23, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 10
Oh snap. You're right. I saw those cables before, but incorrectly dismissed them when I saw two conductor. Wasn't thinking 2 conductor + shield. Found a review from someone that said they took the cable apart and saw that it was indeed wired like I'm looking for.

On a tangent, if one of my monitors is closer to my passive preamp than the other monitor, should I use a shorter cable for that monitor? Or would different length cables cause noticeable delay in the sound? I'm guessing not, but I don't know for sure.

May 23, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 10
Oh snap. You're right. I saw those cables before, but incorrectly dismissed them when I saw two conductor. Wasn't thinking 2 conductor + shield. Found a review from someone that said they took the cable apart and saw that it was indeed wired like I'm looking for.

On a tangent, if one of my monitors is closer to my passive preamp than the other monitor, should I use a shorter cable for that monitor? Or would different length cables cause noticeable delay in the sound? I'm guessing not, but I don't know for sure.

I wouldn't worry about it outside of just keeping things neat and tidy and avoiding having to coil up excess cable.

se

May 23, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 10
A search for "6 inch rca" does not yield any relevant result on monoprice.com.

The only rca cables I've seen of that length are usually $20+

Oh, ok. I gotcha. You previously said 6 inch and 1 foot, and Monoprice does have a 1 foot cable so I thought you were talking about Monoprice's price.

se

May 25, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 10
I ordered several rca connectors from them. I was originally going to be lazy and buy the premade cables, but since I have so many XLR cables sitting around, I figured I might as well give myself a project.

As for short RCA's, I didn't see anything on their site shorter than 1.5ft. But still, those might be an improvement over the 3ft cables I'm using now. Or I could just make some short ones.

May 25, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 10
I ordered several rca connectors from them. I was originally going to be lazy and buy the premade cables, but since I have so many XLR cables sitting around, I figured I might as well give myself a project.

As for short RCA's, I didn't see anything on their site shorter than 1.5ft. But still, those might be an improvement over the 3ft cables I'm using now. Or I could just make some short ones.

Decisions... Decisions... :D

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back