preferred music app for Android?
Dec 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jim85IROC

New Head-Fier
I just got a new LG V40 and I'm interested in seeing what music player would suit me best.

On my Galaxy S5, I've used a player called "Music Folder Player Free" specifically because I don't want to deal with playlists and searching by artist, etc. I want to search for my music via the folder structure that I've already got on my SD card. Having the ability to browse via folder is very important to me.

Additionally, at the current time I don't have any lossless files on my phone, they're all MP3. I'm not going to re-rip my entire music library, so the vast majority will remain as MP3, although I would definitely like to re-rip some of my better sounding stuff in a lossless format, so having that as an option would be great.

One more nice-to-have would be something with a decent equalizer with easy to access presets. When I mow the lawn or snowblow, I like to have a bit of a bass boost to help overcome the noise.

Lastly, free would be best, and if I do pay, I don't want to pay much.

So... what's your suggestion, and why is it better than my free folder player?

Dec 8, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Uapp or neutron for bit perfect support.

Dec 8, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 4
UAPP. Bit perfect playback, no upscaling/resampling unless you want it.Nice volume boost too. Full folder support. Not free but not expensive. Has recently added a tag editor too. Replay Gain. Good EQ, plus an excellent parametric EQ as a paid add-on. Great dev support.

Haven't used anyother player for years now.
Edit - have the V30. Similar enough to recommend 100%:ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back