Predict the Future.
Aug 17, 2007 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, let's have some fun & predicting the future. I want to know when/what year will we have:

1. Car which able to drive by itself (ex: KITT or as featured in I, Robot)

2. cure for AIDS

3. teleportation, either organic (human, pets, etc) or inorganic object.

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, let's have some fun & predicting the future. I want to know when/what year will we have:

1. Car which able to drive by itself (ex: KITT or as featured in I, Robot)

2. cure for AIDS

3. teleportation, either organic (human, pets, etc) or inorganic object.

4. for the fun of it, catch Osama Bin Laden
very_evil_smiley.gif

1. We already have pretty much automated trains, but unless traffic becomes based on a railway system (or something similar), I can't see this kind of technology the first half of this century. 2061.

2. I don't know what kind of progress they have made so far but I believe it's within reach. 2030.

3. I don't think it's possible for us to bend space. We may be able to copy or reconstruct a signature, but not move physically from one place to another. Never.

4. Probably dead already.

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #3 of 60
Let's ignore question 4. There are no politics allowed on Head-Fi, and I don't see where talking about when bin Laden will be captured can go other than in a political direction.

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 60
The technology already exists for the cars. Using sattelites to coordinate cars in relation to each other automobiles can travel to a preset destination and avoid accidents while the driver naps, if they so choose. I have seen the technology demonstrated about two years ago but don't remember why it isn't being utilized yet...probably cost and/or bugs in the system.

AIDS doesn't automaticaly mean a death sentence anymore. Cured yet? No, but definately able to manage treatment.

Depending on which movie or TV show you watch and believe...the government can do all kinds of things because they have taken technology from aliens.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #5 of 60
#2 - Never… Large pharmaceutical corporations make billions of dollars off of drugs that manage and control AIDS. Look at Africa.
#3 – Already exists, and don’t let people tell you otherwise. Same with time travel.

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif

3. I don't think it's possible for us to bend space. We may be able to copy or reconstruct a signature, but not move physically from one place to another. Never.

I dunno; apply a little gravity here, and a little dark energy there, to a space-time grid, then add a little more dark energy behind the waveform and ride the wave!

And lets move stuff remembering conservation of spin!

....yeah; I know. Theoretically it's possible to hit a lone ball on a scattered billiards table and have them all form back into a delta shape, but it's just not likely.
blink.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Depending on which movie or TV show you watch and believe...the government can do all kinds of things because they have taken technology from aliens.
smily_headphones1.gif

I dunno. I sent a letter to the Government insisting that they send me the photographs proving that aliens don't exist, but they refuse to send me the pictures.

There; now we all know.
blink.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 60
I dont think humans will ever develop a device that will bend space (wormholes, time travel, teleportation etc...). I think the only way we will be able to harness these technologies is if aliens come to earth and show us. There's just no way we could do it on our own I dont think.

People still enjoy driving their sports cars, 4x4's, suv's, and luxury vehicles. We're stubborn and dont really like change as a whole. Thats why we dont have automated cars. I dont think we'll see anything like this in widespread use within our lifetimes.

I bet the cure for AIDS isnt that far off. I dunno...within 10-15 years?

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 60
We will see what happens. It will take something big to change the world and open peoples eyes... all I know is that the universe is a very large place, and most of the people I know forget about looking up at the stars and wondering. People need to wake up and realise that there are 300 + million stars in our galaxy alone... and "For example, in 1999 the Hubble Space Telescope estimated that there were 125 billion galaxies in the universe"... the question is not if there is life, there is obviously tons of life in the universe.

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #10 of 60
I also think anything is possible. If we can think it up it can happen. Doesn't matter what it is. Except 'Peace' that might be harder to obtain than time travel.

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont think humans will ever develop a device that will bend space (wormholes, time travel, teleportation etc...). I think the only way we will be able to harness these technologies is if aliens come to earth and show us. There's just no way we could do it on our own I dont think.

I keep an eye on NASA TV when the shuttle is at the ISS. I like to keep up on what's going on with our "Aliens in Training"!

And with our reconnaissance drones circling Mars and Jupiter and Saturn systems, and heading for the Kuiper Belt and the Oort cloud and those two little guys soon to punch all the way out of the Solar System. We're workin' on it!

Yup; Aliens in Training!
biggrin.gif

....but yeah; getting help from folks who already know would sure speed things up a bit!

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #15 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I predict tommorow will be Saturday ....and the day after that Sunday.
plainface.gif

I predict that, in this particular time zone anyway, that today is Friday, and we all HOPE that tomorrow will actually still happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back