Predator recharging question??
Jul 18, 2008 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
I've only let my Predator totally run down twice, so this is something new to me. But when I plug it in to recharge, I notice no lights come on, no nothin', to tell me when it has been fully charged. I let it go overnight, unplug it, then use it again. So the question is: should a light come on, something flicker, or something to tell me it's recharged? O and I turn it "off" to recharge. Maybe I should leave it on??? Just don't know.

Jul 18, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 8
It will charge while playing (on) or not (off). If on, the power toggle will flicker, but sometimes that is hard to see. It will stop flickering when fully charged, but I don't go by this. Ray says the charging cycle takes 2 hours, so I just leave it plugged in 2-3 hours and go with that. I get about 50-55 hours from a charge using IEM's or my KSC75's.

You can leave it plugged in all night if you want. The amp stops the charge cycle automatically after it is fully charged to avoid damage to the battery.

You should, of course, only use the official charger supplied with the amp by Ray.

Jul 18, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 8
Don't want to hijack this thread but here comes anyway, how do you guys like you Predator, I got a Pico on pre order but still think about the Predator. My main concern is I listen thru my laptop and the dac is A+ on the Pico, how is it on the Predator. Thanks.

Jul 18, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 8
I charge mine self same way!
Plug in and leave to charge for few hours!
Rarely use the dac on mine so couldn't comment although I do have a pico on preorder so should be able to make a comparison soon!
Again I get a good 50 hours plus from a charge and that is driving a combination of k701, grado 325i,shure se530 and triple fi's!
The predator manual mentions a charging light but is only evident when turned on and only if you squint just right LOL

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 8
OK, guess there's no need to return to Ray,then, if everything's working properly.

In answer to the "hijacker"--I bought this thing for the sound quality and so just occasionally use it with a computer or laptop. That said, though, the thing sounds drop-dead gorgeous through whatever yo use, Ipod, USB. Have no experience with the Pico but then again, since I bought the Predator, didn't need the Pico.

Jul 18, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 8
actually it only takes 15 minutes to charge the predator. run it down all the way, plug it in for 15-20 minutes and it'll be full

Jul 18, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 8
If predator is off when you charge it with the charger, there is no light.
if it's on and listen music when you charge it, you can see the light flick and heard it with your headphone (it's a little regular noise )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back