Predator? or Ibasso D2 for the UE11s?
Jul 20, 2008 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Deadneddz

100+ Head-Fier
Well guys, we all know that the UEs are expensive. So i was wondering how the Ibasso D2 performed with the UE11s. Ive already read many peoples response about how well the Predator works with the UEs because of their ability to amplify lower impedence phones better, i guess some amplifiers work better with higher impedence phone? (correct me if im wrong) Does anyone have or knows how well the Ibasso D2 works with the UE11s? Hopefully i can save some money on the amp because the Predator really is ALOT more expensive. Its so nice tho...

Jul 20, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 12
perhaps the predator wasnt fully burned in? ive heard great things once the predator is fully burned in 1000+ hours. i just cant see getting the lisa III and iqube for size and battery duration respectively. Perhaps the sr71 is better or maybe the new sr71a when it comes out? I just cant believe the predaor isnt good withthe ue11s. Seems like everyone likes the combo.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 12
I love my Predator + UE11. It might not be a favorite for the bass-shy, however.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 12
deadnezz are you querying the battery or size of the iqube?
Size isalmost identical to the classic and battery is awesome !

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 12
Actually, I like the size of the iQube. It has the same footprint as my iPod classic, which makes it easy to combine the two. While a smaller form factor is appealing, I like how the iPod sits nicely on top of the iQube and how the combination is easy to grab when banded together. I insert a piece of thin foam in between to prevent scratches.

My UE-11 arrives in a couple weeks, so I'll let you know how the combination sounds.

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I like the size of the iQube. It has the same footprint as my iPod classic, which makes it easy to combine the two. While a smaller form factor is appealing, I like how the iPod sits nicely on top of the iQube and how the combination is easy to grab when banded together. I insert a piece of thin foam in between to prevent scratches.

My UE-11 arrives in a couple weeks, so I'll let you know how the combination sounds.

I used to own a iQube and i agree with the size fitting the ipod nicely and how easy to grab it is.

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
perhaps the predator wasnt fully burned in? ive heard great things once the predator is fully burned in 1000+ hours. i just cant see getting the lisa III and iqube for size and battery duration respectively. Perhaps the sr71 is better or maybe the new sr71a when it comes out? I just cant believe the predaor isnt good withthe ue11s. Seems like everyone likes the combo.

My predator has over 1000hours usage, it shouldn't be the problem of burning in i supposed. That time i tried, i also switched between a voyager, and the latter has lesser quantity of bass than amping with predator.

In fact compared to SE530, UE11 has even more bass.

Not to deny the superiority of UE11, I love every portion of it except the amount of bass is a bit too much for my liking.

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Def looking foward to what you think about the iqube with the UEs

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralfale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My predator has over 1000hours usage, it shouldn't be the problem of burning in i supposed. That time i tried, i also switched between a voyager, and the latter has lesser quantity of bass than amping with predator.

In fact compared to SE530, UE11 has even more bass.

Not to deny the superiority of UE11, I love every portion of it except the amount of bass is a bit too much for my liking.

Well how was everything else with the predator and UEs other than the bass? Was the soundstage good? or did it make the UEs soundstage smaller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back