Pre-order the new HiBy R5II from MusicTeck today!
Apr 18, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #31 of 46
People, batteries drain. Just because you don’t like it and love to find fault doesn’t legitimize your attempts to dissuade potential customers. Every thread here Is the same. Announcement, excitement, detractors and doomsayers, griping with equivocation, debate, then impressions to which the cycle repeats. I hope to enjoy mine.
Drain, yes. Over a period of time. But 5-10% overnight? That's not acceptable. The only player that I have out of 4 DAP's that comes close to that is an Ibasso which may drain 1-2% per day when shut off. And that is likely because the battery is the original and in need of replacement. I have nothing against Hiby and I'm not brand loyal to any one manufacturer. Posts here regarding battery drain issues that seem beyond acceptable wouldn't dissuade me from buying a specific product but they would encourage me to do further research before I purchased the product. That's a positive "service" of these forums, not a negative. And if that ultimately puts pressure on manufacturers to address problems or further improve their products, then so be it. That's a win for consumer and, ultimately, the manufacturer. By excusing the battery drain issue, you are making excuses for a problem that shouldn't exist and doesn't have to continue to exist. If the drain really is 5-10% per day and that is acceptable to you, then that's fine. However, that doesn't mean it should be acceptable to everyone.

Apr 18, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #32 of 46
Drain, yes. Over a period of time. But 5-10% overnight? That's not acceptable. The only player that I have out of 4 DAP's that comes close to that is an Ibasso which may drain 1-2% per day when shut off. And that is likely because the battery is the original and in need of replacement. I have nothing against Hiby and I'm not brand loyal to any one manufacturer. Posts here regarding battery drain issues that seem beyond acceptable wouldn't dissuade me from buying a specific product but they would encourage me to do further research before I purchased the product. That's a positive "service" of these forums, not a negative. And if that ultimately puts pressure on manufacturers to address problems or further improve their products, then so be it. That's a win for consumer and, ultimately, the manufacturer. By excusing the battery drain issue, you are making excuses for a problem that shouldn't exist and doesn't have to continue to exist. If the drain really is 5-10% per day and that is acceptable to you, then that's fine. However, that doesn't mean it should be acceptable to everyone.
Edited and leaving forum...

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #33 of 46
One person claims 'about 5%' in battery drop over a day. What is the standard for drain on a batter over 24 hours? Is this a common issue from Hiby DAP's? I've been on here for years and read about DAP's ad nauseam but haven't seen but a few posts regarding isolated issues. Maybe Hiby does have a problem - I don't know. But I deal in vehicles and you can find out about problems and get the impression that the car/truck in question or most of a certain year/make/model have said problem when it is, in fact, an isolated problem. If an issue exists on a 1000 units and 4 million were sold is that a widespread problem? Not discounting the inconvenience for the 1000.

My iPhone is now at 87% maximum capacity battery power. If I have it fully charged it will drain anywhere from 2% to 8% in a days time without use. Some days I'll go through the battery by early afternoon with what seems limited use and other days I'll be on it more frequently and it lasts longer. Nothing like the first 9 months and the battery was still 30% charged at the end of the day. It's an 11 and barely 2 years old. Replaceable batteries would be ideal. But then again, so would repurposing drugs/medicines but big Pharma won't allow major studies to be done that will impact the betterment of the world.
Ok, but that's not quite on point. You expressed your annoyance regarding people enjoying finding fault in order to dissuade others from buying the product. I don't see that happening here at all. I have a novel idea ... go ahead and buy your new Hiby and enjoy it and at the same time allow others to express the issues or concerns that they may have. Expressions of both the positives and negatives of a product or manufacturer allow others to make a more informed decision.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #34 of 46
Ok, but that's not quite on point. You expressed your annoyance regarding people enjoying finding fault in order to dissuade others from buying the product. I don't see that happening here at all. I have a novel idea ... go ahead and buy your new Hiby and enjoy it and at the same time allow others to express the issues or concerns that they may have. Expressions of both the positives and negatives of a product or manufacturer allow others to make a more informed decision.
Edited and leaving forum...

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #38 of 46
For what it's worth, I just replaced the battery in my 1st gen R5.
I bought the player new in June 2020, so it's been less than 2 years. ...but the battery issues actually started last fall, so I only got about 1-1/2 years out of the original.

Other than that, the R5 has good features & sound that you really can't find at this price point, but if they haven't fixed the battery issue then you will be paying for it as some point down the line.

Apr 22, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #42 of 46
If it lasts me 3 years at basically £100/year (£310 cost) that's fine by me. Mine despatched direct from Hiby to UK today (10-30 day delivery :slight_frown:) and its something to play with until I can order a Sony 1AM2 from Japan as my main DAP.

Apr 24, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #45 of 46
Looking forward to comparisons with the Shanling M3X.

Just sold my M3X in order to pre-order the R5 II. . . fingers crossed :fingers_crossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back