PRE-ORDER: Focal Clear MG Professional
Feb 21, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #49 of 55
Yes mine clipped as well. Not acceptable.
Stumbling over an reading this in the wake of the MG announcement here, I tried the FLAC version of this song on my Clear Pros (non-MG) via the RME ADI-2 DAC, High Gain, no EQ and @ -30db, and I could not for the hell of me discern anything resembling clipping. Only the claps were, well, clearly audible. Same with Lose Yourself To Dance, which (IMHO) would make any such effect obvious, too, I suppose?

Maybe I'm just not looking for the "right" thing? I mean, to me this sounds pretty much the same as @ -50db. Is there any other test I could conduct to check for clipping at sub-ear bleed-levels? ^^

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #50 of 55
Stumbling over an reading this in the wake of the MG announcement here, I tried the FLAC version of this song on my Clear Pros (non-MG) via the RME ADI-2 DAC, High Gain, no EQ and @ -30db, and I could not for the hell of me discern anything resembling clipping. Only the claps were, well, clearly audible. Same with Lose Yourself To Dance, which (IMHO) would make any such effect obvious, too, I suppose?

Maybe I'm just not looking for the "right" thing? I mean, to me this sounds pretty much the same as @ -50db. Is there any other test I could conduct to check for clipping at sub-ear bleed-levels? ^^
You need a quite unreasonable addition of bass with EQ as well as a similarly unreasonable listening volume to make the Clear (Pro) clip with bass-heavy tracks. So this is not an issue for the majority of listeners for sure. Nevertheless, the new Clear MG is a different animal, I was told. Looking forward to taking a listen soon hopefully. :beerchug:

Cheers,
Bernie

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #51 of 55
Is the padding supposed to be hot pink? lol
They are the same colour as the old non MG version. I hope you can see it in my picture as I just received mine today
27u7rbb8e1j61.jpg

Mar 15, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #55 of 55
I'm just saying hello to the only one which fits much better in this video 😎

NOMAX

PS. 😉

It´s time for Nile Rodgers

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back