PRE-ORDER: Focal Clear MG Professional
Feb 16, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #32 of 55
Probably not my preference as far as tuning is concerned based on the review earlier in the thread. Although I can't deny though it does look absolutely gorgeous. Im hoping that new Clear "non pro" version that will be released soon will be tuned little warmer. If it is I'm definitely in.

So far I've seen descriptions of the bass being "much more substantial" and "impactful" followed by a caution that they're tuned for mixing, so I'm not sure what to think.

Focal describes them as being more dynamic while having a similar tonal balance.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #33 of 55
The treble will stab at your ears.

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #34 of 55
Hmm..
Jd67sxz.png

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #35 of 55
Why the variance btw the samples then(?) I have Elear/Elex that doesn't bottom. Did the test with some wicked bass drowning tracks to ear bleeding levels and didn't even distort. At the time it was driven with LP G100 which puts 1.5w at 70 Ohms.

Good point. Elear and Elex use a different driver though with a different, aluminum voice coil.
It could well be that the Clear with its copper coil had to limit the coil height and maximum excursion to compensate for the higher density of the copper wire.
But I am speculating here.

BTW, I heard the Elear and they didn't have the level of transparency and separation I was looking for.
The Clears are a significant step up in this aspect.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #36 of 55
Elear/Elex was hit with this issue just as well as the Clear. After all, Focal first admitted the problem in the Elex thread.

Don't get me started with headband creaking issue wich is probably inherent design feature of the even weight distribution.

I like Focal sound but there some problems that need to be dealth with.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #38 of 55
Best track to test is Daft Punk - Get Lucky. Clips at moderate, to moderate-high volume in my case. Regardless of what Focal said, this is inexcusable defect in what is a $1.5K headphone.

Played Daft Punk - Get Lucky on the Focal Clear MG Professional and it did not clip at high (painful) volume.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #44 of 55
Best track to test is Daft Punk - Get Lucky. Clips at moderate, to moderate-high volume in my case. Regardless of what Focal said, this is inexcusable defect in what is a $1.5K headphone.

Tried the above track, through my Focal Elears. No clipping at all, even at full volume on the Naim Headline.

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #45 of 55
Oh, looks interesting! I must ask our European headphone guru @Nomax if I can get a listen soon. :)

I'm just saying hello to the only one which fits much better in this video 😎

NOMAX

PS. 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back