PPLs Ultra-Buffer
Aug 11, 2002 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ppl

Building amps and assuring water resistance.
Attached is a Schematic of my Discreet component Ultra-Buffer. with the interest in sutch designs becoming Popular, i thought some one could use this circuit.

WARNING, This Design is in the Bata stage and as sutch erors may exsist. Presented for imfromation only

Aug 11, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 16
confused.gif

where's the cream filling? (The attachment. :))

Aug 11, 2002 at 9:18 AM Post #5 of 16
lets try again? 1.6 meg is wstill too big so lets see if 886K works if not I don't Know what to do. this is why i do not post many schematics because the File that orcad and the like copy to windows clipboard are large Bmp files and reducing them using MS Picture it results in a blured image.

Well it got posted but is real Blurly but maby you guys can cleen it up. there must be a better way to post Pictures this srinking untill just a thumbnail really sucks, **** my eyes are bad to start with.

Like stated before This is a bata version it still needs to be fine tuned and tweeked but is a grand buffer featuring

*Complimentry JFET's as input devices so as to allow use from a Volume control for a Active unity gain Zero feedback Headphone Amp or Preamp.

* Very High output curent > than one Amp with complete Linearity and Low distortion.

* Adjustable Bias from a Complimentry VBE multiplier for symmectrical control over the critical bias voltage with changing Signal.

*Class A operation with Most Headphones at Normal listening Level.

*Three stages of Current gain so as to provide virtualy no loading of the source and for Dynamic Punch and Drive. This also results in ultra-Low Input Bias Current.

*No Output Protection to limit speed or Peak current into a Complex Load.

Well I tried and again unreadable so i do not know how to do this it seems to work for others not me. This has frustrated me to the point that i quit unless i can find away to do these attachments I will not post anymore Schematics. jude should offer a space for users to post sutch things.

Aug 11, 2002 at 9:27 AM Post #6 of 16
Hmm.. I can't read that! Send the original to eric343 at 2alpha dot com; I'll reduce it with Adobe Photoshop and save it as GIF (which is better at line stuff) and post it.

Aug 11, 2002 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 16
...or, how about saving it as a png file eric343?

Might be as good as, if not slightly better than a gif file??

Aug 11, 2002 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 16
Thanks for your offer eric343, I gess ill try adobe since i have an acrobat program that dose pictures and i tell ya MS is really pissing me off from perating systems that are a POC. to email programs that do not work all the time. Microsoft is leaving a real bad taste in my mouth and has been doing that since win 3.1. in the Old days i would get only all MS programs since thay all worked great together. but that was win 95 and now it's XP, IE6 and all the MS workes programs that should do this picture thing easy but no. not for me. so now you know why i dont post more schematics, toio mutch of a hassel. Thanks all for your understanding and am still open for sugestions including Good programs that are superb at doing this picture thing real good.

Aug 11, 2002 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 16
Definitely use GIF or equivalent format as they excell at compressing drawings and other man-made pictures, and are especially good with images with only few colors and large areas filled with same color. JPG excells with natural images such as photographs.

Also, ppl are using the findings of that french guy who analyzed the thermal distortion?

Aug 11, 2002 at 9:18 PM Post #10 of 16
aos that image attached is a gif and is unreadable for some reason other than reducing a 24 Mb file down to less than 1k whay dose a blac and white drawing take up so mutch space?. anyway the orig. BMp file is Ziped and att. to this. No I am not using thermal distortion reduction of the french Guy, this circuit is just a open loop unity gain buffer However a Real good one.

Aug 12, 2002 at 1:37 PM Post #12 of 16
rpell maby me sometine this winter. Now it is on a bread board. i must finish tweeking it. it works quite well as is but i think Transistor selection may be improved slightly by replacing the 2N3904 and 2N3906. otherwise glad you liked it. Some people are having trouble reading the last Zip file while this is cleaar when i view it others say it is small. let me know. Boy posting a schematic is almost as time consuming as the design.

OK i just viewed the image first clicked on the link then double clicked on the stamp size icon and yup full screen clear. the proper thred has a Zip file as an attachment. one post above this one

Aug 12, 2002 at 2:38 PM Post #14 of 16
Yes, I was able to view the ZIP file without problems. Once unzipped it's a WMF file, which can be viewed in Microsoft Word by clicking on "Insert"-->"Picture"-->"From File." It is clear at full screen size when viewed at 150% or 200% magnification.

Aug 12, 2002 at 4:43 PM Post #15 of 16
Thanks tangent for doing the pdf file. Repell, Glad you were able to open it ok, however word is not nessary to open the file Picture it and MS paint also open it.. I am in the Process of doing a word doc with documentation so if inteerested PM so i can email you a copy when i am done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back