PowerDVD 4.0
Jun 9, 2002 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Just got a copy of this DVD program as my ATI DVD 3.10 is getting on a bit and I only heard good things about this so I got myself a copy.

After installing it and made to multi region I started to watch a DVD or two on it, after a bit of fiddle with the controls I got the hang of it. Bit it is still a bit darker thing I like, is there a way to control the brightness?

The most interesting features was the Headphone surround sound. I switched between the differnt setting, DD5.1, Stereo and Dolby Headphones. It seems that in the headphone mode the sound isn't as direct as the other two, although it give you a bigger sound stage, it loses seom of the impact. The explosions sounds further away and the diagloue sounds a bit quieter then normal.

Talking about sound level, I find that the whole progema's sound level is a bit low. I have set it to maximum and my computer's soundcard output to max and it's still only on the average sound level. Where the ATI can reach a normal listening level about 40% of it's volume bar. I don't use a headphone amp with my computer as I don't listen music on it but why should this program's sound output so low? Does anyone have this problem? I could plug in my X-can and give it a boost and I don't want to move it away from my HiFi system.

Jun 9, 2002 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 2
I leave the PowerDVD volume cranked up all the way and control the volume through the knob on my amp, or the speaker volume control.

I use PowerDVD for most of my headphone listening, whether it's movies, CDs or MP3s, mainly because of the Dolby Headphone feature. I'm not sure whether it decodes the CDs just as well as a dedicated software CD player, but the DH effect is great--a real sense of space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back