Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
Jun 25, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #121 of 337
Jabra Elite active are the best true wireless iems right now. Check all the reviews to find out by yourself. They offer it all in a very tiny and comfy form. There is no reason for someone to buy the non isolating Powerbeats instead of Jabra. Check rtings comparison for that too. They are Bluetooth 5 so no reason to mention the mockery W1/H1 anymore, since the only thing that Apple did was to implement Bluetooth 5 before others and sell it cleverly. Now that we have Bluetooth 5 everything like fast pairing, distance, reduced latency etc is same.

I treid them with Symbio W, subjectively i would rate the isolation 6/10 , which is all i need for gym. A mate of mine have the Jabra's i treied them on but found them uincomfortable and impossible to keep in (i think my concha is anatomically incompatiable)

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #122 of 337
I treid them with Symbio W, subjectively i would rate the isolation 6/10 , which is all i need for gym. A mate of mine have the Jabra's i treied them on but found them uincomfortable and impossible to keep in (i think my concha is anatomically incompatiable)

I do not know if your concha is different but normally Jabra offer the best isolation around! To me they offer better isolation than the ANC of my beats studio 3 even! Also they are really stable even after sweating a lot. You must not swing them a lot after inserting, as Jabra recommends. Just slightly! This keeps them quite stable. And of course you need to push deep. This is something that can never happen with Powerbeats that’s why you will end up mixing your music with all city’s noises if you use them...

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #123 of 337
I do not know if your concha is different but normally Jabra offer the best isolation around! To me they offer better isolation than the ANC of my beats studio 3 even! Also they are really stable even after sweating a lot. You must not swing them a lot after inserting, as Jabra recommends. Just slightly! This keeps them quite stable. And of course you need to push deep. This is something that can never happen with Powerbeats that’s why you will end up mixing your music with all city’s noises if you use them...

That's true i guess it really depends on the use case, i need to try the powerbeats at the gym, but for day to day comute on the tram i use xelento with ifi idsd nano which is a great combo.

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #125 of 337
Sorry guys i just had to chime in as i still get notifications for this thread.
I think i was of the fist group to get these and I'm proud to say i love them for what they're intended for.
I see most people her overthinking, or not understanding where these fit into the True Wireless world.
Let me try to sum up some of the big questions and concerns for you:

1. They're intended for physical fitness, nothing more
2. The seal is ok, but you can definitely hear what's going on around you. This differs depending on your surroundings/music volume. More open back then closed.
3. They're very comfortable and stays in your ear.
4. The charging case is considered big. Overly sized for pockets, but perfect for bags.
5. For "True Wireless" they sound above average in quality, not the best in any means.
6. Batter life is as good as it gets.
7. They're not for swimming, The IPx4 is more capable for fitness, but make sure you wipe them down after.
8. Controls are easy and simple to use.

I lay this out so you guys can mark a check next to what is important to you.
They mark all the boxes as i use them during workouts/hikes/runs. Please look at other options if you want to do casual listening. The main reason i bought these was for the ear hooks. They do what they're supposed to and sound 10 times better than the previous versions.

Stop overthinking everything, too many people complaining in here.

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #126 of 337
Just finished another workout session, again not having to fiddle with the earphones at all. This is freaking amazing again coming from my previous set ups. Put them on, hit pause a few times if anything, take off and that's it! Today i used the KZ Starlines and these i have mixed feelings on. Very comparable with the stock tips as they portray more a closed sound. Those of you that want the more "Isolation" sound these do the job and more comfortable to my ears. Here's the thing though you have to remember isolated fit and sound is comparable to closed back headphones and all the pros and cons that come with that. Now think about open back headphones where air pass through can really bring out sound stage. This is what i'm searching for without sacrificing much of that isolated sound. i would say the only con to the Starlines are the highs and mids being a bit subdued. Now size of the tips do matter as well, so find the right fit while searching for your perfect match/sound. Next up will be the Spin fits.

Make sure to like my posts if you want to hear my experience with those!
If the Starliners are about the right fit, I’d suggest trying Type E. Quite similar shape, although the Type E are more supple and ‘stickier’ (check nozzle size first!!). I also enjoy the sound more as it feels a touch warmer on my BA-based IEMs - better seal? really small core? same DD/ear interaction? Spinfit are a little too ‘bullet shaped’ for me and I find the sound without the warmth and fullness of Type E or mid-high clarity of Spiral Dots.

YMMV, and happy tip rolling!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #127 of 337
2B23314C-A539-40DC-B267-5E565776D72E.jpeg
5964F372-B762-4FC8-A69F-57CD178CEF67.jpeg
F0363DBD-2DFB-4234-A069-0F6EC793EA08.jpeg
0B264BFC-7225-4600-8060-15F6B2188AF3.jpeg
FC433ED8-A7C0-4523-B16F-3A1D5948FEED.jpeg
I was going through a drawer and ran across a bag of ear tips from the old beats tour iems. Tried the triple flange and they fit perfect, gives me the extra reach into the ear canal as well. Still charges in the case. The other shorter tip is the spinfit cp 360.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #128 of 337
If the Starliners are about the right fit, I’d suggest trying Type E. Quite similar shape, although the Type E are more supple and ‘stickier’ (check nozzle size first!!). I also enjoy the sound more as it feels a touch warmer on my BA-based IEMs - better seal? really small core? same DD/ear interaction? Spinfit are a little too ‘bullet shaped’ for me and I find the sound without the warmth and fullness of Type E or mid-high clarity of Spiral Dots.

YMMV, and happy tip rolling!

I thought I had found my ideal tip with the spinfits, now another kind of tip is thrown in to the mix, I can’t seem to find these anywhere. I don’t mean to sound like amateur hour here, but....

Got a link?

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #131 of 337
I thought I had found my ideal tip with the spinfits, now another kind of tip is thrown in to the mix, I can’t seem to find these anywhere. I don’t mean to sound like amateur hour here, but....

Got a link?
Oh dear, what have I done!

Searching for “final audio type e tips” pulls up the eBay listing/vendor I purchased from.

I bought the 5-size pack, LL is just a “large” at about 14mm. IIRC, fit is rated around 3mm-5mm on the nozzle; not sure the Beats sizing..

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #132 of 337
This is exactly what I’m waiting for too! I’m currently having to hide yet another technology purchase from the wife as I know she’ll want a pair, but she will want the white ones. When I tell her that the black got released before the white, she’ll loose her ****

Haha, I live in Mexico and I'm still waiting for the black ones. I'm looking forward to getting a pair of these for my walks/runs. I currently use a fully sealed wired IEM and actually want more openness with the PBP so I can hear a little bit of the ambient noise around me. (like a car or motorcycle bearing down on me...lol)

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #133 of 337
I just got a pair (black) from Amazon - shipped right away for the 2 day Prime shipping. I read about spinfit flanges, and ordered a set of small and mediums, as these have been the usual for me with IEMs. These headphones fit different though. The large section right behind the flange prevents the flange from getting much into the ear canal. I could not get a fit with either of the spinfits. I ended up with the large flanges that come with the headphones. These did "fit" into my ear and provided some isolation, but nothing like I get with flanges that fit down into the canal (like my previous Jaybird Run).

A fitting note, my ears will not support the standard earbud as my anti-tragus is not curved enough to hold the earbud in. This goes for the current wired, and bluetooth Apple devices.

I will look into those tri-flanged tips, as that might be what gives me a bit more isolation. I wore my new headphones for a walk yesterday, they paired up quick with my iPod, and I had no connectivity issues. Sound was a bit better than the Jaybird Run, and more comfortable, with the ear hook instead of the stabilizing wing. With my book on tape playing, I did not actually think I heard much of the cars passing etc.

Pros - a bit better sound, a bit better battery life, a bit more comfort, so far seems to have better connectivity.
Cons - that case is big, $100 more expensive, fiddly with the fit

Yet to test : pair to my Apple watch and play music while walking. The Jaybird Run failed at this, with constant cutting out.
: listen which bike riding.

A thought while I was typing this. I seem to have bad connectivity while walking/riding down a busy "highway" (Florida's 30a), I seem to get interference from cars sometime. Could it be the bluetooth system in the cars, being so much more powerful than my iPhone/iPod, that is overwriting my personal reception as the car passes, then clears when the car is down the road? Only for the cars on my side of the road too. Anyone have some facts about this question?

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #134 of 337
Review of Powerbeats Pro, referencing Airpods, beatsX, solo3, and isine10 with bluetooth.

Summary - the best of compromise approaches.

Fitment - I have pretty standard shape ears, and these are the most comfortable headphones ever. No friction spots, no movement or play at all, and the standard med tips sit perfectly. It fits perfectly every time. Other headphones I would have to make sure they are seated correctly, or adjust them every few hours. Even with airpods you would have to give them a twist when you put them on to make sure they form a decent seal. My wife tried them, and she has significantly smaller ears, these did not fit her at all, couldn't get them to even sit on her ears. Complete fail for her. I guess that is why this is under the beats brand and not apple. The airpods fit more people than the pro. If they fit you, it is as close to wearing nothing at all.

Case and portability - It seems big relative to the airpods, but I have a carrying case for my isine10 and it is significantly larger and doesn't charge. I think the pro really minimized the space, but it will not compare to the pocket-ability of airpods. There are also not many options for over the ear earbuds that have great cases.

Seal - I actually like them not fully sealing, when you turn them pass 50% volume you can't really hear what is outside. You can have the option to be aware of the outside environment by lowering the volume. Also these perform a lot better then the beatsX, that are fully sealed. Full seal headphones causes issues with transferring sound from your body. If I pause the pro, I can just leave them on and have full awareness without removing them. In terms of daily usability and flexibility - the partial seal is the best compromise.

Sound Quality vs iSINE10 bluetooth - The pro sounds pretty flat with very accurate bass, which for a beat product is out of the ordinary. With Beatx and solo3, there is a slightly elevated bass. The mid range is beautiful and no fatigue from any duration. I would say it still falls behind from the ISINE10 on deep bass, decay of trailing notes, sound stage, resolution, and top end. These pro kinda of reminds me of a sennheiser sound, slightly warm, and nothing stands out. But even with the iSINE superior sound, the isine falls behind on fitment, durability, portability, battery life, siri, interoperability, and activity. The iSINE10 also is a complete different driver technology, so there is inherent advantage. Both are similarity priced with iSINE's Bluetooth option.

Controls - great, I have regular size finger, glove size between M and L. Volume is easy to adjust, play and pause is easy to find. You get a good feel for the buttons, because you actually have to press them.

Design - overall the best looking headphones I've head, the shape just natrually flows with how the ear looks.

Siri - it is great experience on these, but still has issues when the environment is noisy.

Battery life - amazing can't kill it even without charging case

If I sat on my desk all day, I would still get the ISINE10. But since I move around, go to the gym, do chores the Pro are a better choice.

If your looking at all around headphones for everything travel, gym, office, washing the dishes these are the best if they fit.

If your looking for very specific priorities like sound quality, portability, fitment, and seal - your better off with something else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back