Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
Jun 12, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #76 of 337
Rtings easurements looks pretty balanced. I thought the same for BeatsX as well, so they are going in the right direction in terms of tuning for their iems.

I just hate the look with over the ear hooks. The point of true wireless is simplicity of putting them on and ergonomics, and I don't want earhooks. Formfactor of Galaxy buds would be better.

I have tried literally dozens of iems and they all fall out of my ears. Must be a genetic defect, LOL. So I am grateful that Apple has come up with some decent ear-hanger earbuds with acceptable sound that stay in my ears and provide all-day listening and telephone support. I don’t mind the look at all.

Jun 14, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #77 of 337
The spinfit cp360 have been the best tip that I have found by far. The comfort and seal are top notch! Comply t 400 fit powerbeats pro but because of the design of the headphone it won't reach the ear canal far enough to make any kind of seal. The stock large silicone tips that come with powerbeats pro work well but they are stiff and can become uncomfortable after long listening sessions.

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #78 of 337
The Fostex TM2 can now be ordered from Amazon.co.jp if anyone is considering that as well.

Jun 15, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #79 of 337
One of the issues that I have with the PowerBeats Pro is the size of the charging case. It is just too big to carry in a pocket. I have found a solution: The Container Store, in the Gift Materials section, has a small round tin container with a cap for $1.29. It is 2 1/2" in diameter, and 1 3/4 " high. I filled it with two foam donuts to secure the PBPs inside, top and bottom. This provides for very secure storage which protects my PBPs, while allowing me to carry them in my pocket without the worry of damaging them or losing one. Of course, I have to transfer them back to the charging case in order to recharge them.

IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0806.JPG

Jun 15, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #80 of 337
One last gripe: during my tip-rolling adventure I tried a triple flange tip. It worked fine, however when I put the PBPs into the case to charge them, the charging points did not make contact, as the triple flange were so long that it kept the PBPs from making contact with the charging points.

Not a big problem. I have just settled on the SpinFit CP240s double flange which work well.

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #81 of 337
What are "linear piston drivers"? I have heard of dynamic, planar and balanced armature drivers? But new airpods2 and the powerbeats pro advertise the piston driver. What is this? Any helpful links to learn more about this? Does this really help with good sound reproduction?

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #82 of 337
What are "linear piston drivers"? I have heard of dynamic, planar and balanced armature drivers? But new airpods2 and the powerbeats pro advertise the piston driver. What is this? Any helpful links to learn more about this? Does this really help with good sound reproduction?

Good question, I couldn’t find any specific details about the linear piston drivers, as it’s the only product I’ve found that mentions it. But I did find more info here:

“Relative to AirPods, Powerbeats Pro sound is more comparable to over-ear headphones in terms of detail and dynamics. Volume and clarity that lets you pick out every instrument in a crowded track: percussion can kick and ring, a bass line can vibrate without rattling, and lead tones can stand out from chunky rhythms. Internally, Beats says Powerbeats Pro use a 12mm rigid aluminum linear piston driver that replaces the tympanic driver in Powerbeats3 Wireless for 60% lower distortion and more dynamic range in a smaller casing.”

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #83 of 337
I’ve just picked my PBP up today, i put them on straight away in the van for the drive back to work. Isolation is as everyone says, terrible. I’ve ordered the comply foam tips to try and they are getting delivered tomorrow. I’ve never been a fan of the silicone tips, i just cant get away with them. I wear ear plugs all day at work, so i like that feel of knowing that you have the isolation (the underwater sound), silicone tips just make me feel like a little nudge could make everything better or completely ruin the isolation.

Sound quality isn’t bad, i’m Not like most on here, I don’t have millions of different iem’s, i have a pair of Shure SE846 and that’s it. I guess that’s like comparing a Mini to a Mercedes.

If the decent isolation from foam tips can get rid of the background noise i cant seem to escape from with the PBP (I’m sat in the pub typing this now with them on and i can still hear everyone else), then i’ll be a happy camper. Otherwise, i’ll Have to consider returning them.

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #84 of 337
No matter the ear tip powerbeats pro will never isolate to the level of the se 846. Pbp have an air vent on the other side of the driver that lets outside noise in. I tried them with some electrical tape over the vents just to see what happened. All the bass goes away! Same result for my airpods.

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #87 of 337
I think as long as I can feel that my ear canal is in contact with the whole of the foam, then I’ll be at maximum happiness with them.

After that I’ll decide if I’m feeling them or not. They certainly are convenient and hopefully that’ll be enough. I really want to like them.

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #88 of 337
I think as long as I can feel that my ear canal is in contact with the whole of the foam, then I’ll be at maximum happiness with them.

After that I’ll decide if I’m feeling them or not. They certainly are convenient and hopefully that’ll be enough. I really want to like them.

i have the comply foam tips for them and they dont reach my ear canal. The nozzle isnt long enough to work properly. Try the spinfits, they have been good so far.

Jun 20, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #89 of 337
I’m going to order the spinfit cp360 now to try them.

Just out of interest, with them being silicone tips, what’s the difference between the spinfits and the ones that came with the PBP?

Jun 20, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #90 of 337
I’m going to order the spinfit cp360 now to try them.

Just out of interest, with them being silicone tips, what’s the difference between the spinfits and the ones that came with the PBP?

For me personally, the PBP ear tips do not conform to my ears with any comfort. Instead of molding to my ears they all but brute force their way into my ears thus making them uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. I tried the small / medium and both resulted the same experience. The spinfits conform to my ears and allow for a better fit thus improving the sound quality by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back