Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
Jun 4, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #61 of 337
So, I can recommend to everybody here Jabra Elite Active 65t! Range is wider than AirPods with my iPhone X. They support AAC codec. Connection is solid at all occasions. They are Bluetooth 5. Sound is bright, but still bass is there, quite balanced overall. You get awesome seal up to the point that you don’t hear anything in a noisy street even without music playing! You want to hear the surroundings? They got you covered with the HearThrough toggle in their sound+ app. There is a 5 band equalizer also in this app! They offer an unbelievable microphone as well as the ability to hear your voice when you speak. They are really comfortable without anything protruding. No lousy over ear hanger, nothing. Just the in ear piece! 15 hours battery, 2 years warranty. IP56 water dust and sweat resistance. You take out one bud, music stops. Nice and small case to put easily in your jeans’ pocket...

I think anymore it’s proven that Apple cannot do it all right! They can produce really nice phones or maybe laptops and iPads (by the way this iPad Pro is really awesome, maybe there is no need for a laptop after that), but as for ear buds I guess they stayed behind and the Beats acquisition did not help that much! When every other manufacturer has turned to the correct concept of wire free in ears that can create a complete seal nesting themselves inside the concha of your ear, as Shure for example was using for the pro musicians on stage, and you refuse to follow, and instead you produce AirPods without any seal and thus zero bass, or huge buds with hangers but again without proper seal, then something is wrong with your desisions!!...

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #62 of 337
You say you need to buy Comply with the Powerbeats pro. Of course, it’s well known! It was the only way to enjoy my music with my Powerbeats 3 without hearing the noises of busy city streets. But please come back here after 3-4 months when the comply tips will not function anymore and you will need to buy new again and again! Comply themselves say that every 2 to 3 months you need to throw them away and buy new!! Is this a solution?? Of course not!...

Jun 4, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #63 of 337
Samsung, Bose, Sennheiser, everybody produces the correct totally wireless in ears with a complete sealing effect, closed back, inside one’s ear concha! Apple only says no! First it was AirPods and now Powerbeats pro with a hanger, no good seal and a moving ear piece because of that very hanger and the short silicone tip and its nozzle! I don’t know, just wonder...

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #64 of 337
So Just received my pair of PBeats pro. I purchased these because my airpods well, they are great for phone calls and I need something for working out.

First impressions:

EDIT:
The case is MASSIVE.
I have not been able to find the tech specs on this (frequency range) anywhere as yet.

Fit:
They are comfortable especially around the back end of the ear
Seal is adequate in a way that silicone eartips create isolation. keep in mind that it all depends on the fit in your ears
I have worn them for about 1 - 2 hour at a time and have not had any ear fatigue unlike the first model of powerbeats. The tips are pretty stiff....*cough* thats what she said *cough* and have not really worn in for me just. I may go down to the smaller size to see how they feel.

Sound (my impressions out of 10):

Song: Dan + Shay - Speechless (feat. Tori Kelly)

High: 7 they are not sharp but adequate enough to hear fingers on a guitar string (Eric Clapton - Unplugged)
Mid: 6 - a bit muddy and suppressed for my taste (Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi)
Low End: 7 - Very unlike classic beats. The sound is not boomy nor overpowering. They are good. If I could push up 40hz it would please me. (Post Malone - Wow.)

Volume: I feel like this could do with a 10-15% in overall volume but I am sure that the battery life is playing into this.

For working out, train travel, and phone calls these have been good so far. Lets see how this goes in a few months as these will be my daily drivers.

Hagos

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #65 of 337
I’ve been using these for a couple of weeks and I really like them for working out. The connection is rock-solid with my iPhone XS and my Apple Watch. It’s also very easy and smooth to change the audio source (phone vs. watch) as they are both connected simultaneously (no need to unpair/pair to switch). The battery life is fantastic.

The hooks solve the problem I’ve had with all other truly wireless earphones. I can run and they stay put...solid.

The sound is very good...if you get a proper seal. As others have reported, the included tips at least for my ears don’t work well (my right ear is worse than left so I acknowledge this is going to vary person to person). The best one for me were the largest ones. That way, even if the tip moves out a bit the tip is large enough to keep the ear canal covered.

I tried a few other tips I had laying around and the best one so far is Comply.

Comply Foam Tips

Here is a reply from Comply Foam Support regarding their recommendation for the PBPs:

“These earphones are compatible with our 400 core”​

This morning, I went for a walk with my PBPs and Comply Foam T400 Sport tips. The seal was excellent. I chose an album by Kevin Mahogany called My Romance, which has a lot of bass in it. I was impressed with the SQ and the crisp and clear bass. YMMV

Thanks for the “tip” (no pun intended). I will try these next.

I would prefer silicon tips because of durability and comfort so will also check the SpinFits.

For reference, I also own the Bose SoundSport Free. They are great when I’m doing strength training at the gym. They never fall out in that use case and the seal is always there. The wingtips help, I think. Unfortunately, they don’t hang well when I run with the wingtip popping out and eventually the earphone falling out. I think that’s because they stick out so much that eventually the impact from running/gravity combined with sweat making the canal slicker makes them fall out. Also, the connection is not as great when running outside and they will occasionally disconnect and reconnect. As for sound, the Bose SoundSport sound fuller than the PBPs but the PBPs are more resolving. The PBP emphasizes upper mids/treble a bit much for my taste though. The PBP never falls out and has great connectivity when I run.

Bottom line: if I can get the right tips these earphones will be nearly perfect for me.

Jun 8, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #66 of 337
I’ve been using these for a couple of weeks and I really like them for working out. The connection is rock-solid with my iPhone XS and my Apple Watch. It’s also very easy and smooth to change the audio source (phone vs. watch) as they are both connected simultaneously (no need to unpair/pair to switch). The battery life is fantastic.

The hooks solve the problem I’ve had with all other truly wireless earphones. I can run and they stay put...solid.

The sound is very good...if you get a proper seal. As others have reported, the included tips at least for my ears don’t work well (my right ear is worse than left so I acknowledge this is going to vary person to person). The best one for me were the largest ones. That way, even if the tip moves out a bit the tip is large enough to keep the ear canal covered.

I tried a few other tips I had laying around and the best one so far is Comply.

Thanks for the “tip” (no pun intended). I will try these next.

I would prefer silicon tips because of durability and comfort so will also check the SpinFits.

For reference, I also own the Bose SoundSport Free. They are great when I’m doing strength training at the gym. They never fall out in that use case and the seal is always there. The wingtips help, I think. Unfortunately, they don’t hang well when I run with the wingtip popping out and eventually the earphone falling out. I think that’s because they stick out so much that eventually the impact from running/gravity combined with sweat making the canal slicker makes them fall out. Also, the connection is not as great when running outside and they will occasionally disconnect and reconnect. As for sound, the Bose SoundSport sound fuller than the PBPs but the PBPs are more resolving. The PBP emphasizes upper mids/treble a bit much for my taste though. The PBP never falls out and has great connectivity when I run.

Bottom line: if I can get the right tips these earphones will be nearly perfect for me.

I will also give these a try. I am going to try the comply and spinfits. I too have struggled with foam tips in the past but why not try again.

Jun 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #68 of 337
I have tried a number of different tips for the PowerBeats Pro. I have finally found the ones that work best for me, particularly because my ear canals are two different sizes.

SpinFit Twin Blade (Dual Flange) CP240 fit best in my ears and give me the best sound quality from the PBPs.

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #69 of 337
Rtings easurements looks pretty balanced. I thought the same for BeatsX as well, so they are going in the right direction in terms of tuning for their iems.

I just hate the look with over the ear hooks. The point of true wireless is simplicity of putting them on and ergonomics, and I don't want earhooks. Formfactor of Galaxy buds would be better.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #70 of 337
I am waiting for mines, I've been using isine10 and their bluetooth cable, even though it is wireless - the wire is still a hassle, the fit is okay, but it has given me the best possible portable non sealed sound.

Can't wait to compare them.

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #71 of 337
Rtings easurements looks pretty balanced. I thought the same for BeatsX as well, so they are going in the right direction in terms of tuning for their iems.

I just hate the look with over the ear hooks. The point of true wireless is simplicity of putting them on and ergonomics, and I don't want earhooks. Formfactor of Galaxy buds would be better.

They’ve measured the Powerbeats3 (which may be what you were looking at) but haven’t posted any measurements for the Pro yet.

What Hifi posted a surprisingly negative review earlier:
https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/beats-powerbeats-pro

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #72 of 337
They’ve measured the Powerbeats3 (which may be what you were looking at) but haven’t posted any measurements for the Pro yet.

What Hifi posted a surprisingly negative review earlier:
https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/beats-powerbeats-pro

I think that the context of reviewing these is important. Some of us have know beats in the past to be hot garbage and this quite frankly is a true improvement on the product itself. I do not, agree with the "bass lacks punch" because I have listened to some tracks and my ears were tingling. That said we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #73 of 337
Jun 11, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #74 of 337
I think that the context of reviewing these is important. Some of us have know beats in the past to be hot garbage and this quite frankly is a true improvement on the product itself. I do not, agree with the "bass lacks punch" because I have listened to some tracks and my ears were tingling. That said we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Maybe they just weren’t able to get a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back