Power Cord Questions with Headroom MOHR and Cardas Power Cords
Apr 2, 2004 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jaybar

100+ Head-Fier
I have the Headroom MOHR and I have the choice of two Power Cords.

1) Cardas Golden reference
2) Cardas Twinlink

One will go on my TT Power Supply (Rega P9) and the other will go on the headphone amp.

To date, I have used my headphones about 5 hours a month on average. But I go in spurts.

A) Any thoughts about where I might place those two power Cords?

B)With Respect to the MOHR Headphone amp, is it better to go into the wall or plug it into my PS Audio Juice Bar?

The Juice Bar has no filtering. Its just a great power strip with their powerPort outlets where each outlet is wired separately.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi. I have the MOHR too. In my system, I can not hear any diffrence between the stock cord and my APC power cord & PS audio microlab. But I think it just shows how good headroom's powersupply to the MOHR is, rather than power cords not making a difference. With my Philips 963sa, I can differentiate the change powercords.

As to your next question, I think it would be better to plug it straight into the wall if your powerstrip has no filtering & surge protection. I cant see any added benefits if its just a powerstrip other than if you need an extra otlet for your other components.

edit: mines not the MOHR, just an MOH with premium modules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back