Power Conditioners...A startling observation...
Jun 9, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #16 of 19
No speaker amp but I have a UPS hooked up to it and to that UPS I have my desktop and the monitor. No sound deterioration at all.

Jun 9, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #17 of 19
gsferrari, have you tried hooking up the amp to the power conditioner and cdp to wall outlet?

Also, about the shifting balance thing. I've had similar problems (with various headamp and preamp) but never considered it to be a power related issue. It drove me nuts and I started to think it was all in my head. Ever since receiving the stealth, I've noticed there wasn't any balancing issues (with speakers or headphones). So I've come to think that it was the pot of the amp that was the problem as the Stealth use a step attenuator. Of course I could be wrong.

Jun 10, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
Welly, you don't have to spend an outrages amount of money. Something like a PS audio ulitmate outlet for your cdp or amp would do the trick. It's about the price of a nice a power ccable
biggrin.gif

Doesnt the HTS3500 have a seperate digital section? I thought the digital section was seperated? I would not own a PC that didn't provide the digital to be seperated from the rest. Anyway I sold off the Ultimate outlet and the lightspeeds and sent back the Panamax. I also like the sound of the amps right off the wall, and can't decide what I'm going to get for CDP's yet. Probably run them off one of the audio magic digital PC.

Jun 11, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Doesnt the HTS3500 have a seperate digital section? I thought the digital section was seperated? I would not own a PC that didn't provide the digital to be seperated from the rest. Anyway I sold off the Ultimate outlet and the lightspeeds and sent back the Panamax. I also like the sound of the amps right off the wall, and can't decide what I'm going to get for CDP's yet. Probably run them off one of the audio magic digital PC.

I've had the 3500 in my system for a quite awhile. The separate digital section does not seem to work too well. I'm not sure if it did anything, the separation that is. I've even tried using the 3500 (cdp) with a PS audio UO (amp) and found that the sound really opened up. I'm sure you can get very good results by simply using a power condition on the cdp with power amp directly connected to the wall (if you have a decent power in your house). Here in Nashville, I'd be worried connecting anything directly to the wall with all the thunder and lightening storms we have here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back