Power Chord made from Audiophile Fuses Amazing SQ
Apr 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Shark_Jump

100+ Head-Fier
I read on this forum that Audiophile fuses can improve the sound of my Hi Fi system.

I also understand that a power chord can improve my sound.

Bearing in mind that your average power chord is say 3 feet long, and your average fuse is only approx 1 inch long, the chord is 36 times longer than the fuse.

This means, relatively speaking, that an audiophile fuse causes a massive improvement in sound, as it is only a short length yet nearly makes as much improvement as a cable.

Bearing this in mind I was wandering if anyone has tried making a power cable from audiophile fuses. The sound quality would surely be amazing.

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 11
lol this is a joke right?

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol this is a joke right?

It must be, because this.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Jump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bearing in mind that your average power chord is say 3 feet long, and your average fuse is only approx 1 inch long, the chord is 36 times longer than the fuse.

This means, relatively speaking, that an audiophile fuse causes a massive improvement in sound, as it is only a short length yet nearly makes as much improvement as a cable.

.....makes no sense whatsoever
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 11
my head hurts

Apr 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #9 of 11
I can see it now. Audiophiles covering their walls with endless rows of fuses, each multiplying the detail of their signal. Fuses lined up in backyards, scaling trees and snaking through gardens. Children's beds full of them, and the children have no choice but to sleep atop them as the floors and couches are covered as well. Fuses pouring from the windows like water. A wife opens a closet door in search of a broom and is crushed by the sheer weight of the fusey contents. Babies crying in their cribs, neck-deep in fuses.

What have you done? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Apr 9, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #10 of 11
What I omitted to say was on the first day in April I actually soldered together two 2ft length wires from fuses.

It does make a huge improvement to the sound, I am feeling a big PRAT. It is obvious why this has happened as I have soldered 24 fuses together in series, the benefits of audiophile fuses will have increased by 24X.

I am going to try directional fuses next, does anyone know where I can get some in bulk at a reasonable price?

Do they all have to face the same way? Or do I point some of them in the reverse direction?

I am worried if I get it wrong I could end up sending DC power to the amp.

Apr 10, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Wow, what a great idea... you are certainly going in the right direction Mr. Shark_Jump.

Today I decided to make a mains lead from fuses, so to make sure that they are good fuses I tested 72 of them by placing them individually straight across the mains.

They all passed the test with flying colours. But now they don't seem to work as a mains lead.

(Maybe I need some of those special new-fangled zero-Ohm current-to-voltage converters to replace each damn fuses?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back