Potentially stupid question about Shure olive foamies
Jul 23, 2008 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JimBob1971

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I've had a couple of sets of foamies for a while, and put one set on my E500s and modded another onto my UE SF5s (alas now lost during a drunken night out)

Anyway, it occured to me today that the nozzle of the 500s is buried slightly inside the olive foamies. This, combined with the fact the medium set don't quite fit my ears snuggly enough, let me to try them the other way round, so that the smaller end is fitting against the headphone. Ie The thick end goes into the ear first

To my surprise they fit much better, and the sound -at least initially- sounds better to me. Not really that surprising given they fit better, and there is no material in the way of the nozzle now.

Have I just been stupid and had these round the wrong way all this time, or is the smaller end really meant to go into the ear first?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

I should add that the way i had it before was probably *slightly* more comfortable, but I'm sure I'll get used to the new way. The alternative is to trim the foamies slightly so the end part is removed

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Smaller end first is the 'correct' way
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Indeed, but you would not be the first who prefers them the "wrong" way round

Users who are viewing this thread

Back