Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone compared :
Headroom TA
Porta Corda II
JMT Penguin/Altoid
Fix-Up Super Mini
META

Oct 15, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 19
HI: You can take the t/a off the list. I have owned one and fix-up eats it up big time. The fix-up mini 9 volt with a gain of 5 db does anyway. I have ordered the super mini with a gain of 10 db and will get it in a few days.

Oct 15, 2002 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Has anyone compared :
Headroom TA
Porta Corda II
JMT Penguin/Altoid
Fix-Up Super Mini

why not the META42 too?

The Porta Corda II must be the most flexible PHA(portable headphone amp(amplifier)).

Oct 15, 2002 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 19
I should get my Porta mkII in 3 days time. Can't wait! I sold my fixup super mini, not that I dident like it, I wanted crossfeed and fixup says he wont add it (but maybe we can convince him otherwise?).

cant wait until friday....

Oct 15, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 19
Hi,
All I can say is that my supermini is on par with Headroom Total Airhead. I really like mine, now I have to send it in to get it supercharge with Mini-like sound.

Purk

Oct 15, 2002 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Why isn't the Meta on your list? Just wondering. . .

Oops. Can the META's be built in that size case? For some reason I thought they were larger.
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #13 of 19
The case is a Serpac, which comes in translucent blue, green, red or grey. It's 2.75" x 4.94" x .94". Its a tight fit for the META42 board and the I/O connections, and the pot has to be handwired. It is a bit longer than the Airheads or Porta-Corda. I made two similar amps that were a bit smaller and fit into my jogging case better, but they had to be done on a protoboard as the META42 board was too large to fit. One of them is in a Altoids tin.

Oct 16, 2002 at 5:56 PM Post #15 of 19
Depends on the headphones...

look at my 'signature'... its not as universal as it may seem that one amp is better than another... its all about system matching
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back