Postman just left these!
Mar 30, 2006 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

minden

New Head-Fier

Smallist flat box from the good old US of A. Value of contents $99, must be MS1s.....no whats this on the box?

Yes looks like another "Black Monday" HF1.

I still cant believe I was one of the 3 orders that got through as I was posting from Ireland!

Well I feel privileged to have got these and a big thanks to Todd for honoring the order. I do feel guilty as I know how may of us tried last Monday and I wish everyone good luck on Saturday.

PS: Unlike my MS1s I did not have to pay any customs duty, this day just gets better and better.

As a side note the headphones below are what I had prior to Head-Fi (just a few months ago) the bottom pic is my current collection.

Mar 30, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 17
lucky you. congrats on getting your new headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #3 of 17
Yowza, how'd you manage to get an order in? Was the page still up for you at Noon?

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Congratulations! That's a very fine table full of headphones you've got.
smily_headphones1.gif

I keep promising my wife that I will put 1 or 2 on ebay, but its like "Sophie's choice" even the ones I could live without seem like part of the family.

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Yowza, how'd you manage to get an order in? Was the page still up for you at Noon?

Had to be pure luck. I had the order set up about 1/2 an hour before hand, when 12 MST came I just hit submit and I ended up at Paypal.

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 17
I see a Corda Aria next to the box. The headphone collection is looking good!

And you only have one head and a pair of ears, my goodness, how many headphones does one person need?
confused.gif

There seems to be many black headphones, no woodies?
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 17
Hey minden how much did you get charged by customs for your ms1? Im living in Ireland too and expecting mine anyday but i was hoping they might slip through.
Sweet HF1 you are indeed lucky,if for any chance your wife demands you sell them there is always someone here in Galway to take em off your hands...lol

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89
Hey minden how much did you get charged by customs for your ms1? Im living in Ireland too and expecting mine anyday but i was hoping they might slip through.
Sweet HF1 you are indeed lucky,if for any chance your wife demands you sell them there is always someone here in Galway to take em off your hands...lol

Im in the North (Bangor Co.Down) so they went through UK customs, cost about £14.

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:17 PM Post #12 of 17
Postman should have dropped them off at my place. Congrats on the HF-1s. I would love to get my hands on those cans someday.

Mar 30, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #14 of 17
Yeow! Careless Postman!

Not only did he deliver to the wrong house, but the wrong country as well!!

Not just one set; but many sets of cans.

Very impressive indeed!.......I are envious!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back