Post Your Photography Here #2
Aug 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #11,131 of 15,743
  1. HolyCheese:
No way, those pictures are gorgeous. I feel that the setting / what you are shooting makes at least half the picture....think of what photography was like before all of the modern technology we have available at our disposal? I'm sure photographers 50 years ago would have loved to have today's point and shoots. Did you know what kind of a snake that was?

I also especially like the picture with mountains in the 'background'

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #11,132 of 15,743
Quote:
Decided to go all out with my macro rig. Focus seems to be a little off.

That's an eyelash on a needle.

That is pretty all-out! Yeah, I think you're right, but focusing at that sort of reproduction is no easy trick. I zoom in with Live View and manually focus when I do static macro, but I've never done anything that close.

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #11,133 of 15,743
Quote:
That said, there is one issue with that cam, and maybe someone here can help shed a light on it?

Two test shots (200% crops), taken only 10 seconds apart. The first one's darker and clean, the second one's a bit brighter and has lots of dark pixels everywhere.

I've seen hot pixels and dirty sensors, but never anything like this.

To anyone interested in that F800EXR dark pixel issue I posted, Fuji support got back to me and said it was a signal processing fault, so I ended up returning the cam.

I'll definitely be getting one of these EXRs again (likely the newer F900), very nice little P&S.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #11,134 of 15,743
Quote:

That is pretty all-out! Yeah, I think you're right, but focusing at that sort of reproduction is no easy trick. I zoom in with Live View and manually focus when I do static macro, but I've never done anything that close.

The problem is that with my rig the aperture is usually fixed at f/11. At 7.5:1 magnification that equals about f/96 if my calculations are correct, so Live View is pretty useless
biggrin.gif
. I just use the viewfinder and the modeling light on my flash, definitely no easy trick
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #11,135 of 15,743
Visited London on Sunday.

Pentax K-5 IIs and DA 15 Limited

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #11,137 of 15,743
Couple of pics from last night .. this was up at the Mount St. Helens Volcanic monument.

The undead sentinels

A stellar view...Milky way spewing out of Mount.St Helens.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #11,140 of 15,743
Quote:
  1. HolyCheese:
No way, those pictures are gorgeous. I feel that the setting / what you are shooting makes at least half the picture....think of what photography was like before all of the modern technology we have available at our disposal? I'm sure photographers 50 years ago would have loved to have today's point and shoots. Did you know what kind of a snake that was?

I also especially like the picture with mountains in the 'background'

Thank you!

Unfortunately I don't know. I have seen another kind too. I don't think they are too agressive since both didn't attack the camera.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #11,144 of 15,743
Quote:
I'm quite fond of the last one actually.

Yeah, that last one of the city street was a very nice capture.  Good contrast with relatively dark street lamp lit street and the last bit of vibrant color from the setting sun.  

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #11,145 of 15,743

Went on a walk to a friends house the other day and just got around to actually processing the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back