Post Your Photography Here #2
Aug 7, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #6,648 of 15,743

Quote:
James... exquisite. I have a beloved (and about 50 year old) 28mm wide angle F-mount lens from a brand or store called 'Sun'. It is 2,5F, hard to focus, and not too sharp. But when all things are perfect, it does wonders to natural photography similar to the DP1. The thing is, its flare is so severe that I have to be facing nearly 180 degrees away from sun to take good shots. Its a chore, but worth it. Love your work.

Thanks shigzeo, nice story about your trusty old lens.
smile.gif
Btw the DP1 too doesn't exactly like direct light.

Quote:
Wow, look at that shot of the lake. Must've been amazing to actually stand there seeing how awesome the picture looks!

We rented a very nice apartment there, with spacious lake side terrace and were all set for sunbathing. Turned out that it wasn't meant to be, but the ever changing view of clouds and light above the lake almost made up for that.

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #6,650 of 15,743
The Saturn V hangar at Kennedy Space Center at Port Canaveral, right? I was there a while back, it's very impressive.

And the perspective of your wide-angle photo makes it look like a dream sequence from Inception
blink.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #6,651 of 15,743

Quote:
The Saturn V hangar at Kennedy Space Center at Port Canaveral, right? I was there a while back, it's very impressive.

And the perspective of your wide-angle photo makes it look like a dream sequence from Inception
blink.gif

The one at Johnson Space Center in Houston actually. But yes, very impressive :)

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #6,652 of 15,743
Tigger, Tiger, Tonka, Trap

Okay, a non-HDR, but unfortunately, shot against very hard light (about 2PM or so in a very sunny Nova Scotia) photograph of Tigger's head atop a bench atop a Tonkka truck next to a lobster trap. Such a beautiful province.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #6,655 of 15,743

Quote:
^^ Love Norway.

Here's one from Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia (Canada). It is a famous boat that I am sure everyone photographs when they ride on through, but oh well.

Freedom '55

Man, that brings back memories.

And so I'm not wasting a post, here's a "self portrait" (i.e. long distance friends want to see my haircute)

(edit: wrong picture; fixed)

Aug 11, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #6,657 of 15,743
The ruins of Margaretha Church in Maridalen, Oslo. Built around 1250

94750294.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back